Nabertherm or Mihm Vogt?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I'm looking for a sinter furnace, I'm thinking either the Nabertherm LHT 02/17 LB Speed or the Mihm Vogt HT speed. Any feedback on these ovens?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Mihm Vogt hands down, we have 7 of them.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hands down why? More info please!

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
We have 7 Mihm Vogts total and they run flawlessly over 300 units a day. Now I have used Sintra, Dekema, Glidewells front load and the results from the Mihm Vogt are more consistent and more reliable.

The Mihm Vogts have more heating elements granite they are more expensive but they are more reliable to me. I used Sintra and I could never get the units where I wanted them, they all came out opaque and dead looking and the color was hit and miss. The Dekema I used was 5 years ago so I can't say much it ran great until the acid base stains back then corroded the unit and fried it. The front load boxes like Glidewells and these Chinese ones to me do not disperse heat properly, less heating elements and and most of the chamber are way to big for what you really need. I am against the front loads period.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Mihm do seem to get consistently good field reports. is it worth paying the extra for the speed version?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Honestly the speed version works pretty dang good for single units. We run a 3 hour speed cycle on single units every now and then and the oven holds up well to it and the units come out pretty darn good.

They way I look at it I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. It might save you one day.

Last edited:
T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Mihm do seem to get consistently good field reports. is it worth paying the extra for the speed version?
i have had the Mihm vogts for about 18months adam, very happy with the results.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Where did you purchase from?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I'm in the UK, so looking for a European distributer

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
How many crowns can you sinter in furnace , the one that has only one trey. I think is the HT. Adrian.

I think the one that takes one tray is the smaller HT S

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we have 1 of both. we like both

D

Dan S

Reaction score
We Bought the nabertherm LB speed (240v) last September . Nice ,easy to program ,never hade a poor sintering . That being said some things to know .This is a vented furnace ! You need a exaust hood .
Comes with 2- 120mm sintering trays (open design )no sintering beeds . Before the order was sent out nabertherm needed us to get the buildings avarage voltage so the furnace is set up correctly .
The cost was $11000 shipped from Germany to Florida took 6 days

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Mihm Vogt, I have both and there is no comparison.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You know CAP sells Sintra so I'm probably a little biest towards it. Honestly, you will not go wrong with either. We do have two Mihm Vogt's that have run well for a few years. We did replace heating elements in one of them.
The one thing I would consider, if space is an issue the mihm vogt is really big. The foot print is about 2'X2' and you should have a little space around it. Your likely looking for three linear feet of a really solid bench space. In addition, I'm not sure if its available in 110V, pretty sure only 220V but that's easy to find out. If only 220V you will probably need an electrican and $500-1000 to run a new line. Once installed 220V will cost less to run, which is good.
When compared to Sintra, the Sintra is available in 110V and is considerably smaller, similar in firing consistancy, dependability and functionallity. Again, both will do the job for years to come.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We Bought the nabertherm LB speed (240v) last September .
The cost was $11000 shipped from Germany to Florida took 6 days
The only Q, what happens with this furnace when it breakes down? I'm assuming your tech support will come from Germany and you will need to do the repairs yourself. I hope you have a backup as parts will likely take six day shipping as well.

Top Bottom