my first e.max pressed veneers

M

Matell

Reaction score
hello!
I've been technician for 13 years, and past 5 years I've been doing e.max press...so I have experience....and now, few days ago I got my first veneers...so I'm wondering...
I made them from HTA1 ingot (color of teeth is A1-young patient),I have second model for fitting them, and I gave them final shape...
Now...do you send them like that to try them, and afterwards finish them with stain and glaze, or you finish them and then try them???
and please, if you have some tricks to do them better than in instructions, please be kind and share them with me
PS...I'm a woman, so I missed 2 professional courses while I was pregnant :rolleyes:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Is it me?...because I never just stain/glaze veneers. I always cutback the entire facial (I know a lot of work but they look gorgeous) and I never use HT for anything anterior (too translucent/value too low) I always use LT on the anterior and cutback. Congrats on the crumb snatcher Matell :)

M

Matell

Reaction score
Thank for reply, even dough you just a little bit discouraged me...but I don't mind, i like learning, so.... before I pressed this from HT, I made 2 more pairs of veneers that I'll be pressing from LTA1 and cut back, if this doesn't work...but because this is my first time, I first pressed like this...and, preparation is very petite, so I have only 0,4-0,6mm thin veneers, so I was scared to cut them back :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
I agree with Rob. I start with pressing cores/skins and layer. It just looks better, I think its easier, and the comments I get back make me less aprehensive when I deliver a big bill. As far as 'trying' them in...they always fit.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with using the LT as a canvas and layering.. use stains, glaze as a wash and sprinkling OE1 over glaze, then wash fire at 770 C. Next proceed with layering..
If you only have .4mm, HTA1 will really drop in value ;( in the past i've used a V2 ingot(A1) then stain and glaze without cutback and they looked great and keep their value... Good Luck, let us know how it comes out

M

Matell

Reaction score
Hello, it's me again...this time happy, very happy! My veneers went good, they are allready in mouth, and the patient is very happy, and I'm happy cause they are first, and I didn't have to press them on another ingot...(wich was in furnace, waiting for bad result on HTA1, so I would press it on LTA1 )
so...this is the result, in pictures
img8780v.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
preparation
aimg692.imageshack.us_img692_2258_img8784g.th.jpg
after cementation 1
aimg14.imageshack.us_img14_900_img8785m.th.jpg
after cemantation 2
aimg841.imageshack.us_img841_4318_img8783h.th.jpg
final look :)
aimg692.imageshack.us_img692_2258_img8784g.th.jpg aimg14.imageshack.us_img14_900_img8785m.th.jpg aimg841.imageshack.us_img841_4318_img8783h.th.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
You did very nice.