I'd really like to change the world
And save it from the mess it's in
I'm too weak, I'm so thin
I'd like to fly but I can't even swim

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The first song line you quoted reminded me of this song.

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The first song line you quoted reminded me of this song.

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you.

Certain songs written in the past seem to age well .
Low Budget was written during the gas shortage and recession.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That was when the record companies made the vinyl albums thinner too help conserve on oil. It seemed that about 1 out of every 3 albums had some form of warp to it. It used to drive me nuts. I don't think the Eourpean import albums had as much of an issue, they seemed to be pressed better and had better sound quality, but they were also a bit pricey.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
That was when the record companies made the vinyl albums thinner too help conserve on oil. It seemed that about 1 out of every 3 albums had some form of warp to it. It used to drive me nuts. I don't think the Eourpean import albums had as much of an issue, they seemed to be pressed better and had better sound quality, but they were also a bit pricey.
How many of those old albums do you still have?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Not to many, unfortunately I got rid of a lot of them. I replaced most of them with contemporary Christian albums. I later bought some of my favorites on CDs. I did keep a couple of the picture disks. The sticker on the Boston one shows Dec 25 1979 for $20.00. Still in the plastic covers. I did play the Boston one just for one song, just to hear if the quality was off as some asserted happened with picture disks. I really couldn't tell to much of a difference.

Did you get into buying albums, or were you more into going to concerts?

Bosto and Heart.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Not to many, unfortunately I got rid of a lot of them. I replaced most of them with contemporary Christian albums. I later bought some of my favorites on CDs. I did keep a couple of the picture disks. The sticker on the Boston one shows Dec 25 1979 for $20.00. Still in the plastic covers. I did play the Boston one just for one song, just to hear if the quality was off as some asserted happened with picture disks. I really couldn't tell to much of a difference.

Did you get into buying albums, or were you more into going to concerts?

View attachment 40068
Both, but unfortunately my albums were lost in a move. :(

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Both, but unfortunately my albums were lost in a move. :(

2 or 3. It was a phase I went through in letting go of my past drug, alcohol use. It was very tied in with the music and I needed to separate myself from what would have been a trigger of those albums and songs back into it. I've been sober for about 35 years, so it was a good move for me. Now I can post some of those songs without any longing for that past train wreck of a life I had :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Car, some of your old collection looks familiar . Still have mine, about 350 if I can remember. Record stores sold these plastic sleeves because they claimed that the tight cellophane would warp the lp. Who knows?

19A9689A-D5EF-4067-9C17-3998DDB7CC55.jpeg

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This is the first cd I bought when I got my first CD player because you know that drum
break on “In The Air would sound soooo much better and clear on CD 😉
530C039B-9014-4D25-8547-E454842EF202.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Car, some of your old collection looks familiar . Still have mine, about 350 if I can remember. Record stores sold these plastic sleeves because they claimed that the tight cellophane would warp the lp. Who knows?

View attachment 40075

I did the same thing too, for the same reason. I also replaced the paper LP lining (some had the plastic lining in with it) with a rice paper type of sleeve. It was supposed to protect the vinyl from scratches, be anti static and also to protect from "plastic stabilizer drift" from the plastic sleeves.

20220110_081822b.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
This is the first cd I bought when I got my first CD player because you know that drum
break on “In The Air would sound soooo much better and clear on CD 😉
View attachment 40077

I don't remember what my 1st one was, but I remember my friend who was so excited to get his first one, Bruce Springsteen Born In The USA, to be able to crank that song up...which we did :)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score

View attachment 40075
And your crates came from Peaches!!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The first 2:15 minutes about the Discman is pretty good.

Top Bottom