Milled Alloys ? Trash Casting Machine ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
I want to dump my casting machine but still need for occasional/rare, full cast gold crowns that sneak in my lab (noble/yellow, type III) May need to keep another 12 months if fcg & pfms sneak in my back door again. What options do I have with scans, cost ? different milled alloys, who to send to. My main concern on full cast crowns are the annoying proximal contacts needing soldered..May be a better idea to wax and scan ?
Don't mind using milled NP/titanium for future metal ceramics.. Can alloys be milled down to .3 when needed ?.. How are the fits ? equal to milled zir ?
Probably a bad idea to junk the torch...
What are other metal free labs doing, any ideas ? Got a feeling I will be taking a long dirt nap before my casting machine gets the pink slip of death..

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Just send your full cast my way from your scan and ill print and cast them for you. Metal products are still a huge money maker for us.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thanks Tyler !

When are you going to buy a little sweety pie 450 and start milling metal, I've heard she's a beauty..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am milling metal down to .35 . Haven't puushed lower than that . Fits are great , and if the prep is good , it doesn't need anything , just finish the margins , and adjust anything regarding space if needed . If you have a bad preparation , I won't lie to you , it needs adjustment to have a nice fit . I still use my casting machine , and honestly , can't see it out of fthe laboratory any time soon .