Millbox Taking Hours to Generate Toolpaths for 90-degree milled ZIBs

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
The title says it all: we're trying to mill ZIBs with a C-clamp and 90-degree milling strategies, but it takes hours and hours to generate the strategy, and it usually fails partway through anyways. We have no issue milling other large restorations with the C-clamp, full arch denture teeth and the like, big anterior bridges, etc but ZIBs with 90-degree milling specifically makes Millbox choke. There's more material to remove there, with the stabilizer and all, but it's not THAT much more toolpath that it should run for 4 hours and then spit out a toolpath error notification.

MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
Not sure if you ever got around to a resolution on this - If not, feel free to PM me and I can try to help you out or get you to the right people that can help you. Your issues sound like it could be related to your revision of software, the strategy itself or the part or curves / surfaces designated on said part.
If certain nesting data is missing or in bad shape, it's possible that the toolpath calculation can freeze / hang up.

I would recommend seeking an update if available and checking the file with your support team to make sure you have everything setup properly.

A

Afisov

Reaction score
The title says it all: we're trying to mill ZIBs with a C-clamp and 90-degree milling strategies, but it takes hours and hours to generate the strategy, and it usually fails partway through anyways. We have no issue milling other large restorations with the C-clamp, full arch denture teeth and the like, big anterior bridges, etc but ZIBs with 90-degree milling specifically makes Millbox choke. There's more material to remove there, with the stabilizer and all, but it's not THAT much more toolpath that it should run for 4 hours and then spit out a toolpath error notification.
you should check strategy, if you have issue only with 90-degree. something wrong exactly with 90 degree step.

Top Bottom