Millbox and Cim Systems issues!!!

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
My point is that it is not hard for Exocad to give access to old software that you paid access to.
They just want you to update.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My point is that it is not hard for Exocad to give access to old software that you paid access to.
They just want you to update.
You had access at for the period of time for which you paid, plus the time from that ending till dongle was broken or lost.

You rent a movie in Youtube or Amazon or IMDB but want to watch it again, you pay again.

We moved from ownership to leasing. Everything.

I'm old enough to remember when software came in boxes with nice manuals and a postcard to mail in that registered you as a user and when a new version was made or errors fixed (used to be a difference) the dev would mail you a new floppy with the new version.

It's change dealing with the echos of the past.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Thank God, apple upgrades your iPhone or iPad etc, for free when buying the hardware, image if we have to pay for software upgrades?

Last edited:
The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
tell them you had an employee get pissed, quit, and walk out with it and smash it with a hammer. then its broken LOL
They ask for the broken dongle back. They’re not stupid.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
So I gotta vent here guys and girls! Here's the issue:
In 2016 I bought a roland mill from CAP and got a Sum3D Dongle. in 2018 I upgraded that dongle to Millbox for $1000. Sweet deal, good software for the money. in march I closed my shop and had to move out and put everything into storage and I lost the dongle in the process. I call Zahn (who now owns CAP) and the millbox owners CIM Systems and they say that to get a replacement dongle I have to pay full retail for it! I was completely shocked as you can imagine! a 6k dongle?! You've gotta be kidding me! now I own that I lost it. Thats on me, but NO ONE EVER TOLD ME FROM ZANH OR CIM SYSTEMS WHEN I UPGRADED THAT IF THE DONGLE IS LOST I HAVE TO PURCHASE A NEW LICENSE(DONGLE) you can bet your ass I would tatooed the damn thing to my hand!
Questions are:
1) Has anyone had a similar issue with them and
2) Has anyone been able to get a dongle replaced for free or a nominal fee from CIM?
3) Don't you guys think there should be some sort of warning when buying/upgrading the system about losing the dongle?!, and shouldn't someone be accountable for that?

Mike Webb, Please call me!

Thanks for letting me rant but 6k is no joke during these times!
Could you claim it on your business insurance ?

The Veneer Guy

The Veneer Guy

Reaction score
Easy guys, East. Let’s just say I will be looking for other options. They have their business model and I’m fine with it. I wouldve been completely if with it if I knew ahead of time that’s all. And I also think someone should come up with insurance for these things because of the high cost, and because things like fires and floods do happen. Not every business is setup with business insurance so they cannot be claimed.

Top Bottom