MIHM VOGT - TABEO

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I couldn't find to much on this oven. If you have one could you please share your thoughts ? Looking for a first time oven for a low production lab. Thanks

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm not in love with front door design for sintering. The concern is even heat distribution and loss of heat through the door. I have a Mihm Voght in my lab and it has performed very well for about 4 years fired every night. It's the large unit, bottom entry. When you look at the bottom entry furnaces the insulation table is always about 6" think. The front entry doors are 1-2" thick. You can't possibly get the same level of insulation.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It would be a great economical back up oven for later. But for now, maybe get something a step up where you'll probably get better results and be happier, and not wondering if you "should've, would've, could've". Just my thought.

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Some time ago, when we layered all zirconia restorations the sintering cycle was not nearly as critical to the esthetics as it is to the materials we are sintering today. Todays materials are sensitive to 30 degree variations. Accuracy and consistency are mission critical. Front loading can easily result in a 30 (or more) variation in the temp in the front vs the back of the furnace. I had written an e-book on sintering a few months ago. You can get it for free here.
http://cap-us.com/ebook-sintering-whats-cohen-on-inside/

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
The Mihm Vogt Tabeo is a solid entry level oven. It has solid features, high quality components and is a work horse. The thickness of the insulation is slightly more thick than Bob described (The current Tabeo has about 4" of insulation on the door).

Like any piece of equipment, if you use it correctly, it will serve you well.

I do agree with Bob's concerns about ovens with doors, but my concern relates more specifically to chamber dimensions which is one reason it is important to cover your work in this type of oven when equiped with MoSi elements.

The heating elements tend to be positioned much closer to the work, so you need to be vigilant about pre-drying your colored zirc, and covering the sintering tray. Purging ovens with MoSi or MoSi2 elements on regular schedule is important, but more so in units of this type (small chambers).

Overall, MoSi/MoSi2 element will definitely last longer and give you more temperature range than SiC elements. While SiC elements do not contaminate easily (or at all) from zirc liquids and have really nice cooling capabilities, they do not last very long and must be changed frequently (which can get annoyingly expensive). Keep MoSi elements clean and they fire just as well as SiC elements, while giving you more temperature range for high translucent zirconia, and a much longer service life.

Confused? No matter...soon you will have your choice of 4 different TABEO Oven versions:

TABEO-1 (1 X 100mm tray)
TABEO-2 (3 X 120mm Stack-able trays)

All TABEO ovens will now be available with..MoSi or SiC take your PICK!

Available May 2017.

Let me know if you need more information or explanation about the benefits and drawbacks of either type of element.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Id like to see some nice Zr sintered in both ovens with different elements.

Z

zahni

Reaction score
I also was looking at the tabeo. For me it has pros: heating elements, good quality at a fair price, reliable company.
Cons: front door, no speed cycle, no pre-dry.
For me as a small lab I went for the vita Zyrcomat 6000 MS, reasons: I had already the controller for other furnaces, any kind of cycle/ramps programmable, pre-dry and sintering in one cycle, bottom entry, small footprint and light weight. The only con could be the small chamber. But so far I could do anything with it. Single units and also bigger bridges. I think the sintering furnace plays a key role in the process, so don't save on that.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Zahni,

One thing I would mention to you, never pre-dry in the sintering oven. The contaminates released from the color liquids, don't just affect the heating elements.

Get a toaster oven from Target for $100. Set it at 300F and put your work in it for an hour before you put it in the sintering oven. Your sintering oven will last a lot longer. The cheap toaster oven will take the abuse instead.

Sorry to hear you went with the Vita, but understand the rational. They are a good company.

In regards to saving, you are correct, you should not skimp on the sintering oven. That is why Mihm Vogt has the HT-S SPEED and the HT-SPEED Sintering ovens also. The HT-S SPEED & HT SPEED are what we most commonly sell. They have lifts, Speed MoSi2 heating elements, Large capacities and incredible durability. The elements in these ovens last for years. We have also been working with a finance company that can get 0% APR for a year in most cases!

Z

zahni

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. We mostly use pre-colored material. For us it's very difficult to get anything dental wise. We are in the middle of nowhere. No dental dealer around, everything has to be imported from overseas. So we are happy for any company who wants to deal with us. If it would be possible with Zubler, it would be great. Our variopress 100 is still rocking every day!!! Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom