mcxl

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Is this milling machine any good connected to a different scanner software for a one man lab second hand. And what ways are there to use different software is there. Anybody milling Sinton from Amann
Thanks confused.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Depends how much your paying. For $10k that's a hell of a machine. For $75k, its a rip off and not a very good machine in any way.
MCXL=Caveat emptor

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
$12000 what scanner software do you recommend it has no dongle etc

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
$12000 what scanner software do you recommend it has no dongle etc
I don't believe you can operate the MCXL without Inlab from Sirona. And you need to purchase a scanner and a dongle.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
For US$17,995 you can get a Roland DWX-4 with a full warranty. CAM software is included and its completely open so you can use it with any open software or scanner you like.
http://www.rolanddga.com/products/milling/dwx4/
overview_banner_3.jpg

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
For US$17,995 you can get a Roland DWX-4 with a full warranty. CAM software is included and its completely open so you can use it with any open software or scanner you like.
overview_banner_3.jpg
Hey, Glenn! Remember when you said I could demo one for 6months to a year as long as I gave daily feedback and called you Cuty-Pie? Oh you don't?
Well....you did !! :)

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
The mcxl only works with sirona software and scanners. There were dongles for sale that let 3 shape communicate with the MCXL, but those two companies are no longer play together.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
A little different than original thread was going but still on topic of MCXL. I want to know from you guys out there that had or have mcxl and decided to make a change. What did you do with your mcxl?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
it's a blend of paperweight/ dust holder. we tried to sell the whole system and had one lowball offer. I don't there now but sure it hasn't moved

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
A little different than original thread was going but still on topic of MCXL. I want to know from you guys out there that had or have mcxl and decided to make a change. What did you do with your mcxl?

If you wanted to get rid of it you could probably sell it either on eBay or post it on the Inlab study group on Facebook. Price it to sell, but don't give it away. I have bought and sold Sirona stuff on eBay.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
We had an mcxl 5 years ago and sold it. It milled zirconia ok...but anything else and it wasn't precise enough for us.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Would you list some of the suppliers for milling materials for the DWX 4?
Please visit the Roland forum to see threads announcing material suppliers for the DWX-4.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
overview_banner_3.jpg
Got to admit this is a killer little machine.. great for a small lab or someone who wants to dip their foot into CAD CAM inexpensively.
I know those of you with big machines may scoff... but take it for what it is... its a neat little unit. There will be some inexpensive CAD software solutions from 3rd parties coming soon too!

Top Bottom