max vac on ep 600

A

AL1

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the mbar number should be at around sea level for an ep 600 ivoclar press furnace . I got an error notice that said full vac was not achieved in five min, yet it did show that I got full vac.
Ran diagnostic got a value of 39 hbar before 5 min.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the mbar number should be at around sea level for an ep 600 ivoclar press furnace . I got an error notice that said full vac was not achieved in five min, yet it did show that I got full vac.
Ran diagnostic got a value of 39 hbar before 5 min.

I have an EP600 combi. Do you have list of errors for that furnace?

My error code sheet says this can be caused by "poor pump performance or dirt accumulation." I think they mean dirt around the muffle seal.

I would clean the seal, check that all vac lines are not kinked or cracked and switch the oven off or unplug it for a few minutes then do a trial cycle. I had a weird error about a year ago, can't even remember what it was but the ivoclar tech rep told me to turn it off for a few minutes then back on and give it a try. I think kinda like rebooting a computer. He said they need that occasionally. Anyway my furnace has not missed a beat since. Been running it since 2004 have replaced the muffle once and other than that not a hitch. When you turn it back on it will do an auto muffle and vacuum check. Good luck.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Good advice EJADA, I have a combi 600 as well and that's what I would do as well...other than I would do it with style, because I'm one sexy beast!!!! :D Hey, where did that come from?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Rob, I thought a man of your caliper would be rolling in style with a 5000!;)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob, I thought a man of your caliper would be rolling in style with a 5000!;)

I wish!!! It's on my Christmas list, but after speaking with the architect and all the contractors it might be on Santa's list for awhile :(

A

AL1

Reaction score
I dont have an error list but found out after running 2 vacuum checks any value under 50 mbar before 3 minutes is good.
I am getting 39 and 40 which the Ivoclar tech said was excellent for a 600.
I also cleaned around the muffle.
Can you open the muffle without turning on oven?
I wiped real fast after turning it on.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
If you have another vacuum I would hook it up and see if you get the same error. I have had to do that before.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I dont have an error list but found out after running 2 vacuum checks any value under 50 mbar before 3 minutes is good.
I am getting 39 and 40 which the Ivoclar tech said was excellent for a 600.
I also cleaned around the muffle.
Can you open the muffle without turning on oven?
I wiped real fast after turning it on.

Not easily

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Good advice EJADA, I have a combi 600 as well and that's what I would do as well...other than I would do it with style, because I'm one sexy beast!!!! :D Hey, where did that come from?

Just keep telling yourself that. :lol: