Margin Viewing from CEREC

T

ThatRoo

Reaction score
I've been looking around and researching for a while and I just need a straight answer on this.

We have a couple clients that use the Sirona/CEREC system. They can export STLs to us and have the open export features. However, these exports have margins that arn't well defined and we were looking for a way to either export the margin data they have marked chair-side to Exocad or just view it. What would all be needed to accolplish this? What software, dongles, hardware would you need from Cerec or a third party source to do this? Preferably as cheap as possible.

Second question would be if you are locked to using Sirona's platform what is all needed to design a crown using Sironas software and export that for milling in our own mill?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
1. sirona in-lab software. this requires that you purchase a sirona in lab scanner and mcxl because thats sirona.

2. you can't save crown designs from sirona in lab software as any other kind of file. if its designed in their software it can only be milled by mcxl. if you want a crown in open format you'll start from scratch including the margin.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
You need Sirona Cad 15 or higher with Import / Export-module, than you can export your sirona constuction as *stl in any other mill.
For getting the defined margins go through cerec connect you will get all you need.
If you need software please send a pm.
best regards tom

G

grantoz

Reaction score
for whatever reason 5hitrona scans loose detail once they are converted to stl .every one else can get a stl scan to be accurate and high res but not cerec coincidence i think not.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The only thing that has helped me in 3Shape is to flip them upside down, to at times help to get a better reading of the margin. In the stl import I lose the colors and the Dr's marking of the margin.

Last edited:
Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Gotta love how "open and and flexible" Sirona's addition of .stl export supposedly made working with Cerec scans, while still somehow making a sensible workflow impossible between dr and lab without us getting f@%*ing inLab and a $50k paperweight.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Gotta love how "open and and flexible" Sirona's addition of .stl export supposedly made working with Cerec scans, while still somehow making a sensible workflow impossible between dr and lab without us getting f@%*ing inLab and a $50k paperweight.

Like, Funny and Agree.