Made in China-Np PFM crown $29.00

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
my friend we r not sameless ,why your lab onwer sed to china work,u should be complain to gorvement,and stop the outsorce,

shameless [ˈʃeɪmlɪs]
adj
1. having no sense of shame; brazen
2. done without shame; without decency or modesty

shame [ʃeɪm]
n
1. a painful emotion resulting from an awareness of having done something dishonourable, unworthy, degrading, etc.
2. capacity to feel such an emotion
3. ignominy or disgrace
4. a person or thing that causes this
5. an occasion for regret, disappointment, etc

Placing a solicitation, offering to undercut the other 3rd world outsourcing capital, in a forum thread essentially decrying the wholesale export of our livelihoods would in fact be considered by most to be shameful.

shame·ful (shmfl)
adj.
a. Causing shame; disgraceful.
b. Giving offense; indecent.

To have made a post to this same forum in a thread of your own creation simply offering to produce your product at a price below the chinese pricing implied in this thread would have been an entirely different matter. It still would not have made many happy....but it would not have been adding insult to injury. What you have done is not unlike one of us coming into a indian forum, entering a discussion complaining about McDonalds opening in bangladesh, and offering you EVEN CHEAPER prices on Hamburger meat than McDonalds can provide......Okay maybe thats a tad more offensive as it relates to religion but I hope you comprehend my meaning.

Last edited:
S

Synovio

Reaction score
To the dude from Sunflower Chinese Restaurant, Dental Lab and Laundry service:

Uh..yeah..rite..

Now let's get serious here shall we?..

When ya make them Won Tons..is there just like,..one guy makin' the filling and another guy who wraps the won ton up?..I spose' a third guy seals the won ton with a beat up egg..an' then another guy drops the won ton inta the soup..still another guy prob'ly fries em'..(yawn)..must be very exciting work..
I dunno..I think you folks are more efficient cause y'all hafta work day an' night with some guy standin' over ya with a rifle..

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Come on the dentist does more in the treatment of the patient than buy a crown from us an put it in the mouth and up-charge the crown.

Would it be alright if we needed to expose to the dentist the cost of the materials involved with the crown they just bought. You guys what to be paid for your labor but want to decide how the customer gets paid for theirs. THAT SUCKS!

Where does this stop? Does the patient need to know where the gold in the crown was mined because they want to make sure they are not buying blood gold. Should they be informed where everything used in their treatment comes from?

This is not about patient safety its about wanting to find a way to protect a domestic job that is off the scale in labor prices compared to most of the worlds labor price for it.

I can't say as I blame you for trying but some of us saw this coming and made the adjustment and many large labs understand business comes first have adjusted.

I wish they would pass the where it came from law so you could see its just not going to make much difference. What will happen is the dentist will add $100 to domestic made crown and offer a choice. I like choice.

This is just not the job it once was for a lot of reasons and I just don't see it going back to what it was.

marvel

marvel

Reaction score
P/t Likes Choice, Too

...I wish they would pass the where it came from law... What will happen is the dentist will add $100 to domestic made crown and offer a choice. I like choice...

Actually we have contracted with my dentist for a fair heap more'n a hundred bucks extra per domestic crown to be fashioned by a lab in the same city as he, to where we drive 7-9 hours hrs each way for an appt, depending on if we stop or not for a sit-down meal along the way.

Dr, a pros, visits the lab, meets the techs, and knows the chief ceramist/lab owner personally; in fact, they've worked together more'n 20 years, collaborating closely on cases when needed, as they plan to do for moi.

Am I rich?

Not by a long shot; could of used a full-mouth rehab over 20 years ago.

Why so fussy?

It's a saga, but bottom line is disappointing times in dental chairs here in the US, then far worse ones traveling abroad 4 yrs ago next month.

P/ts like choices, too. And if a tooth from somewhere other than where ordered is going into this mouth the gal would like details, please.

My perio/implantologist, also in that city, let me know the zr implants were made in Germany, and showed the boxes. Thank you. I assumed Germany exercises quality control over the raw materials and didn't read 'em. No problems, but a few posts in certain threads leave me wishin' I'd salvaged them boxes as souvenirs.

Now a couple rhetorical Q's:

Aren't country-of-origin laws long in place in the US? Aren't the made-in labels on store items there by law?

And one heartfelt Q:

CAN A DR PLACE A BODY PART AND KEEP WHAT IT IS MADE FROM AND FROM WHERE IT COMES A SECRET?

Personally, given contamination incidents in my lifetime--here in US, too, I'll grant you--I like knowing even where ingredients come from, the rare times this is broken down.

BioTemps from GL in CA

I don't mind telling y'all Dr ordered this p/t BioTemps from GL in California. They did cost, leastways compared to foreign imports, but yours truly was happy. We were paying for top-quality temporarization, biocompatible enough to guide soft-tissue healing, contoured enough to blueprint the permanent restoration.

It aint what I got.

Lingual anatomy is absent, the teeth feel like rhubarb stalks sprouting from the gum.

To make the facials look near normal, hey, even to place the bridges, Dr spent more chairside time than made either of us happy, and he knows better'n most Drs how to carve teeth.

Even so, over the next 3 weeks my body started rejecting the temps, canting and erupting the splints to where it deformed the maxilla, in places gin are receding.

Next appt Doc takes one look at my beaming smile and faster'n you can open your mouth says, We'll need new impressions; we are having the BioTemps remade. Meanwhile he has at these ones, ripping off plastic, dividing teeth, reshaping, resplinting, welding the mandible like a Divided Great Wall on either side of the twisted lower incisors.

The bottom jaw jerks up and out, banging the lower R central against it's opposition, a hefty zr implant. A lighting bolt shoots down the natural tooth; fortunately its temp stays intact. Only later will we realize the tooth actually cracked.

For now, finishing up, Dr spatulas more acrylic on both sides of the mandible, angling opposing cusps to pressure the maxilla back into line with chewing forces. Without making new impressions he sends me home for 2 weeks, fingers crossed; mine are, too.

Before leaving, after expressing appreciation, I audibly reserve a p/t's right to refuse anything new going into this mouth.

Thankfully Dr knows tooth forces relative to bite pressures and has talented hands. Two weeks later yours truly, looking much like the former self, is back for the impressions.

Dr phoned personally yest to say the new BioTemps are in. He is recontouring them a little, and will take extra time to put in some lingual anatomy. My appt is just over a week away, I am marking the days.

I express gratitude as I have seen enough of his lab skills to know he can contour teeth; also I itch to be rid of these ones. But why, I am wondering, is Dr having to do all this lab work?

An old saw says, hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Not always.

I keep dismissing the nagging thought that when Drs knowingly order imported teeth at least they and p/ts can be sure what country and lab the teeth come from. Because with dental restorations--although not normally a suspicious type--I find myself wondering of late just how you can be sure of knowing what you'll get from a lab anymore in your own country, much less imported even direct, unless Dr somehow works with the tech as the resto is being made?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]ftgAG3Vnif8[/YOUTUBE]

corona

corona

Reaction score
outsourcing for $29

Hi all ,

First time post . Regarding outsourcing , It is my belief that we can never compete with other countries , they are not playing on the same field we are and with completely different rules . Its not their fault and maybe not our fault but our "people that make the rules and regulations" that we obide by dont offer those same rules to our overseas competition. They charge 29.00 because they can and they somehow make a profit here and there. Hourly wages, insurance , taxes , uncle sam , osha, fda, regulations , paperwork , overhead , COG , ... you name it ... the outsourcers just dont play or PAY the same that we are obligated to. If they did .... you would see that 29.00 go away real quick. For example .... if i could pay my employees what china pays its employees ..I think it was something like 1.65 an hour , have my COG sold to me at 1/10 the price , lower my overhead by 75% and not have to worry about regulations and standards or the people that I affect , then I believe i could actually compete with the 29.00 crown .

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Heres a good one being were on the outsourcing subject. A friend of mine owns a fixed lab and has done work for this dental office for years. Alot of chair side assisting, an hour or so at times. Has never charge the office for this fee. Doctor does charity work in other countries and was asking for a donation the other day after he had spent an hour there. He's easy going and said he would help out. As he is leaving walking past the counter, there sits a box going to an out-sourcing lab that is sending to China.
It hit him like a brick wall...

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
A lab always takes work from another lab. Thats how you grow.

It sucks to be in an industry that can and does get outsourced to another country.

Those that think there is some information the public is missing that will save their jobs and Americas are more than willing to pay 100% more for made in the USA are...are....oh hell I give up.

Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
Trisha,
I do see your point about a doctor not disclosing the price he or she paid for a lab fee. I do feel it is necessary to at least tell the patient where it came from though....

Yes,I agree with you!popcorn

Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
A lab always takes work from another lab. Thats how you grow.

It sucks to be in an industry that can and does get outsourced to another country.

Those that think there is some information the public is missing that will save their jobs and Americas are more than willing to pay 100% more for made in the USA are...are....oh hell I give up.

get outsourced to another country (eg.China)can save you time and workload,the price is competitive and quality is good,too.We do it like this!

Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
Heres a good one being were on the outsourcing subject. A friend of mine owns a fixed lab and has done work for this dental office for years. Alot of chair side assisting, an hour or so at times. Has never charge the office for this fee. Doctor does charity work in other countries and was asking for a donation the other day after he had spent an hour there. He's easy going and said he would help out. As he is leaving walking past the counter, there sits a box going to an out-sourcing lab that is sending to China.
It hit him like a brick wall...

It is said,China dental lab is a good choice.

Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
Hi all ,

First time post . Regarding outsourcing , It is my belief that we can never compete with other countries , they are not playing on the same field we are and with completely different rules . Its not their fault and maybe not our fault but our "people that make the rules and regulations" that we obide by dont offer those same rules to our overseas competition. They charge 29.00 because they can and they somehow make a profit here and there. Hourly wages, insurance , taxes , uncle sam , osha, fda, regulations , paperwork , overhead , COG , ... you name it ... the outsourcers just dont play or PAY the same that we are obligated to. If they did .... you would see that 29.00 go away real quick. For example .... if i could pay my employees what china pays its employees ..I think it was something like 1.65 an hour , have my COG sold to me at 1/10 the price , lower my overhead by 75% and not have to worry about regulations and standards or the people that I affect , then I believe i could actually compete with the 29.00 crown .

I think it is not right completely.outsourcing country has their advantage.eg:Cheap labor and raw materials and the state policies, etc
Thanks

capickettcdt

capickettcdt

Reaction score
OK...Just to throw in a bit of Also.... How many Dentists have blamed their high price on the cost of the LAB when questioned by the patient? Or collected "UP-FRONT LAB FEES" of 50% or more of their fees??? (no it isn't rumor...I've been standing there when it occurs). $500??? I think that we need to check the LMT figures again or DLP..last I looked those docs were getting 800-1000 and paying the less than $100 fee.
Also concerning off shore... A little known ditty from Dr. Christensen's (who I respect greatly) Clinicians Report, April 2008, Volume 1, Issue 4..."Have an in-depth financial discussion with your laboratory technician regarding the cost of your lab work. If foreign made, is the reduction in cost being passed on to you and, therefore, to the patient?"
So forum...what do yo think of that???

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
If foreign made, is the reduction in cost being passed on to you and, therefore, to the patient?"
So forum...what do yo think of that???

no way is it begin passed on the patient a reduction in lab bill for the Dr. is a increase in profit for the Dr- cut and dry

Greg Amendola MDT

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
When a customer buys from me at the price I ask then I have no problem with they do with what the bought from me. The product is not mine anymore.

My price is based on my cost to produce and my profit per unit and how many units it will be necessary to sell to fund my lifestyle.

I increase the dollars to me with increased volume not inflating the price.

This does two things. Puts more money in my bank account and diminishes the numbers of competitors that can't compete with my value in the marketplace.

The value of anything is only what someone will give you for it.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
wheres the damn dislike button...

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Where are the dislike and kicking butt butons? This forum full of salesman's and chinese comyscambacks but not a dental tech's,imo.

Top Bottom