Lord Help Me Please!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
My Mom thinks I should tie my shoes and quit listening to that damn rock-n-roll, the kinda stuff that don't save souls.
Don't forget to pull up yer pants.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
She said to find a new career!
Funny, my mom has never said that but I'm pretty sure her facial features do every time we talk about my work. And I agree.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yo seriously? I'd back away from this case.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if this was all you got, with no information to back it up, and no case history to guide it i'd say send it back with a note; yes we do izir bridges - no we don't do them for shoemakers.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Or, make sure you have a credit card on file;)

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I just fired a practice that though you could use used stock Ti abutments over and over as impression analogs. I ask him why do you think they make impression analogs that lock into the impression? He said it was the greedy labs just wanting to sell more parts. I told him you caught me, send it somewhere else.

Alex de Vos

Alex de Vos

Reaction score
Those poor, neglected analogs. You're a good person for picking those out of the gutter where they were withering away in neglect. (jk; they do look kinda rough tho)

I've heard of ppl making the Ti bases non engaging but the interface itself???
It looks like synocta but I've never seen those w/o internal octagon.
If it had the internal there are 2-connect parts for that interface but not so sure how the lack of octagon would affect insertion/fit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Tyler,you need one of these.

5070.jpg

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I have non engaging ti bases for Synocta RN only (pending FDA) and on top of the implant as well as on top of the abutment. I also have abutments for this too if you need help let me know. www.dess-usa.com

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
They may be pre-synocta implants from Straumann , the originals didn't have a hex. It was all morse taper. Probably still can get the octa-abutments or may be able to go direct???

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Those are some beat up analogs! Send it back and tell them to buy new ones!!

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Oh yeah...Tyler, I was in your home town this past week. So freaking hot and dry there and no grass!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
The original Straumann SS (solid screws) abutments were called Octa, and something happened with the internal connection
patent legal issue between Straumann 'morse' taper and the Niznick patent at that time, which may have lead to the change to the
synOcta name and system. The Solid abutment system did not have an engaging element to using the implant
for fixed, single unit restorations and have to be torqued into the implant before making an impression for crown
and bridge work.
LCM

P

Paul Intino

Reaction score
Where's Danny Roberts, he's going to lose his lunch onto his keyboard when he sees this implant model work :p As others have said, I'd get new impression copings, analogs and make something you can work off of. Then do a verification jig, verified with x-rays before I moved forward into making something definitive. The problem with that zirconia, is there is no give, it'll crack a large bridge like that when they go to torque it in...a lot of work to realize it was slightly shy on one implant. Just trying to cya :)

NOT a reply. I have a question. I am looking for a dehumidifier for investment? Any thoughts? Thank you. Paul

P

Paul Intino

Reaction score
Oh yeah...Tyler, I was in your home town this past week. So freaking hot and dry there and no grass!
Hi Ken,
NOT a reply. I have a question. I am looking for a dehumidifier for investment? Any thoughts? Thank you. Paul

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Paul, store it in the refrigerator.

Top Bottom