Lord Help Me Please!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Guys I got this case and I have no idea what type of implants they are? I have 8 red analogs and it looks to be a non engaging analog. Does anyone have any idea what type of analog this is?

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
Themselves as "SYNOCTA" the first were red, and very used

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Who made that model? The Straumann tissue level has an internal hex.

Any way you look at it the analogs are trashed. Maybe its just the coating but they look very worn from the picture.

Was it just a model that they sent in? if not take a picture of the imp coping

Good luck

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Looks kinda like a Straumann without the octagon inside...:confused:...never seen anything like that before...

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Someone beat the hell out of those replicas. I wouldn't build anything on that.
I had a talk with a doctor the other day about the analogs she sends me. I even printed a capture from the mantis at 15% of the rim rolled in all over itself. They just don't get it. Its frigging aluminum!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
those look like synoctas as mentioned above. and i wouldnt work on those analogs. also as mentioned above. LOL

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
22519543.jpg

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
drink some whiskey, it makes life better

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
They're Straumann's SynOcta as mentioned, the actual abutments are screwed into the analogs and used for the restorative process. Analogs are pretty beat up though,,,,as mentioned umpteen times before.;)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
def WN synocta. God help you

M

martintay

Reaction score
Yes - they are the aluminium demo analogues I think. No good IMO.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't get it.

Do dentists send you guys used analogs ? Is this common practice? I usually order those components or at least receive a new analog from the dr.
Is this case a remake from another lab? Why are you receiving a tissue model ?
Why the "F" do you have to guess what you are receiving? Where is the documentaton?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
This is a case from a lab. He called me up asking if we can do a Izir or Prettau style bridge and I said sure. He said he wasn't real site what type of implants were placed because this type of stuff he doesn't really do and wasn't sure what is going on. So me being me I said send everything you got lol. Oh man what did I get into Banghead

M

martintay

Reaction score
If that model was previously "Verified" you could duplicate it using new analogues. Soft tissue has probably changed since then ! All round pretty risky and I would make sure the Dr puts in writing that he will pay again. There again if he doesn`t do implants - I would avoid the whole situation !

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Where's Danny Roberts, he's going to lose his lunch onto his keyboard when he sees this implant model work :p As others have said, I'd get new impression copings, analogs and make something you can work off of. Then do a verification jig, verified with x-rays before I moved forward into making something definitive. The problem with that zirconia, is there is no give, it'll crack a large bridge like that when they go to torque it in...a lot of work to realize it was slightly shy on one implant. Just trying to cya :)

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
No dubt.
Zimmer Swiss-Plus.
I recommend to use only the castable and the screw from Zimmer, or the transfer if you want to use it as a Ti base (after hand mill). Otherwise you will have problems. DON'T use any synocta combination, the settling of the screw are in a diferent height.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Tyler let me give you one suggestion on this case if your going to help this guy out, and the model has not been verified.

If I was a betting man I would say the most ant fixture will need to be angle corrected. Make sure your verification jig has an eng interface for this offending fixture. This way you have way more prosthetic options if you are certain that the internal hex is orientated correctly on your master model. this could be very handy just in case you go with transversal screw-retained abutment for this fixture. The rough part with straumann is there is no simple angle corrected multi unit transmucosal like many other systems have for this fixture. They have them for the bone level but not tissue level .

The fact that the foundation seems flawed by what a couple of pictures show may only be the beginning of the head aches. You will know more once the model is verified and bite relation is done and you can then digitize and come up with a plan.

Another hurdle is since they are tissue level fixtures they are high, sealing the airway in the maxilla and keeping the base convex is all but impossible with cad bases that are FDA cleared. If you were to do a NT TRADING TWO CONNECT case their abutments will raise the restorative platform even higher which makes it tougher, The ti cap will then be cemented even higher in the ZI making the base that much more concave.

To complicate things even more is the fact that Straumann is so militant on using no 3rd party parts. Using their synocta abutments on a case like this but doing a Zirconia bridge where you cement a casted cap would be a fortune in parts cost. I would say at least 3 times the fee.

If we were out of FDA land there are way more options out there to make our life easier (DESS) but thats an entire other can of worms to open.

Good luck.