Looking into Ivocap injection - what do I need?

Trey

Trey

Reaction score
We currently do traditional press packing and want to look into an ivocap (not ivobase - to expensive). What do we need to purchase to start?

Thanks,
Trey

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Cap vibrator, Ivo 4 bath, flasks, clamps, injectors and a hydraulic press like the manfredi or nevin. These things usually pop up on ebay every once in a while. The Ivo 4 bath is no longer sold by Ivoclar but there is an older thread in here that links a manufacturer where you can buy the bath new. If you've got the money you can still buy these things new from Ivoclar. check their website.

Attachments

• SR+Ivocap+Equipment+System.pdf
    665.8 KB · Views: 30
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Do it, its like vac mixed stone vs regular stone. Eventually you get a press packed denture in your hand and just look at it like I used to make these.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The hardest part is finding a curing tank, they are pricey. Its a great system, super dense acrylic, but NOT unbreakable..Banghead

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Ivoclar doesn't sell the IVO4-Bath any longer, but you can get it at Zubler. If you're buying new, Ivocap and Ivobase are probably going to be pretty close in price.

Trey

Trey

Reaction score
What about Dentsply Success Injection? Comparable?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Success isn't any better than press pack IMO as it still pulls away from the model as it cures.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can buy a complete used ivocap system for around $1200.. a far cry from a $7k ivobase

Trey

Trey

Reaction score
What kind of time/cost savings would I see switching from press pack to ivocap injection? Any?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cost savings, probably none. Ivocap acrylic is pricey.. around $300 for 50..
Time savings.. again.. its about the same process, other than maybe a cure/cool time of around an hour.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, but our lab is looking into the same thing. Is the curing bath necessary? Our boil out has two sides and the side we use for clean water hardley gets used. Could that work as long as the water level is at the correct height and the temp is correct?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Any curing bath will work, it cures at 100'c or so for 45 min. I usually go for an hour at least, then into a water bath for 20-30 min, under pressure. You will need dedicated airlines that can be used for hours at a time. Ivoclar sells the insulating balls for around $100.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Any curing bath will work, it cures at 100'c or so for 45 min. I usually go for an hour at least, then into a water bath for 20-30 min, under pressure. You will need dedicated airlines that can be used for hours at a time. Ivoclar sells the insulating balls for around $100.
Supposedly ping pong balls works just fine as well. Ivocap is quite the system but has a large footprint.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
IMO. Go with the Ivobase unit. Much less hassle due to no water bath, time alotment,
etc.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
IMO. Go with the Ivobase unit. Much less hassle due to no water bath, time alotment,
etc.
The main reason I would look at the ivocap over ivobase is because of its use of heat cure acrylic. Is the ivobase material "as good" as heat cure? I would just be worried with some of the old cold cure dentures I have seen. That being said I have never used either the ivocap or ivobase so I could be way off on my assumption.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
2015-07-30 08.55.22 HDR.jpg
The main reason I would look at the ivocap over ivobase is because of its use of heat cure acrylic. Is the ivobase material "as good" as heat cure? I would just be worried with some of the old cold cure dentures I have seen. That being said I have never used either the ivocap or ivobase so I could be way off on my assumption.

You may want to check in to the Ivobase specs. I process using Heat cured (Preference) material.
Yes you can process more in an Ivocap unit at one time than the Ivobase. I have found to be productive with
these type units is to have at least four, and own around 12 flask minimum depending on your volume of cases.
As you can see, I have six and own 16 flask. Once it is put in the machine, you can walk away until done.
With Ivocap, it is time sensitive as to when to start the timer, and to remove them when done. Plus the water
cool down tank, steam etc. Not a salesman here, just posting my experience as I have worked with both.

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
View attachment 20520

You may want to check in to the Ivobase specs. I process using Heat cured (Preference) material.
Yes you can process more in an Ivocap unit at one time than the Ivobase. I have found to be productive with
these type units is to have at least four, and own around 12 flask minimum depending on your volume of cases.
As you can see, I have six and own 16 flask. Once it is put in the machine, you can walk away until done.
With Ivocap, it is time sensitive as to when to start the timer, and to remove them when done. Plus the water
cool down tank, steam etc. Not a salesman here, just posting my experience as I have worked with both.
What a fantastic setup. Good to see somebody seriously investing in their success. You have obviously spared no expense from the ivobase to the wax removal unit and even on down to the bench light... all top notch. Wow. Would be a pleasure to work for a company with that mentality!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You can use ivocap heat in the ivobase it takes an hour or so with the RMR

It is a different process. Typically the work is waxed up, then it is all invested, then it is all finished. It is an all at once approach.
With the Ivobase it is a one by one approach. That is nice for low production labs like myself. If you have a larger lab you have someone wax, send it to investing ~2 hours later your finisher is working on it. While waxer is waxing the next case the finisher could be working as well and not waiting for the work load to hit his bench. Once you develop a work flow it works just as well if not better as the other method.