Looking for a small induction casting machine

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need some recomendations for a small induction casting machine. Im in a 2 man lab and have a need for basic crown and bridge castings.
Would like to have a low maintanance machine with minimal needs for it to run. Its my first one so i have no idea of the different kinds (ie gas or no gas vs centrifugal etc) so if i could get a basic breakdown i would greatly appreciate some advice.

Cheers

Cheeers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
if youre casting basic crown and bridge, why not just get a centrifuge?

D

Dimis

Reaction score
I want something simple i dont want to use gas and flames i want something simple like the induction casting can you suggest any company ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Castcom. Reitel.?

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Thanks ill check it . Do i need to search for any specific things ( the water that cools it or anything else that need to have on the machine) what features are important for induction castings

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thats a very pricey way to cast, but i suppose i understand not wanting flames. reitel ive used before....its OK. nothing stellar

D

Dimis

Reaction score
I look for induction casting but something cheap that i can do descend work i just dont know any companies that sell them i ve checked reitel seems good any other companies names to compare with ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
The investment for a new or even used induction casting machine is not cheap and will take years to pay for compared to sending files to Argen or Bego to print and cast or using SLM frames.
Assuming you have a scanner ? it cost $12.00 per unit plus alloy to print and cast. Total cost for Noble SLM is $20.00 a pop. Its basically a break even designing in cad since there is no cost to invest & cast and labor savings. There are no bubbles to grind out, no seating problems, much less metal finishing compared to hand waxing ! and no warped bridges. Basically the labor saving makes up for the $12.00 print and cast cost. You also have the advantage of offering a wider selection of alloys without having the $$ investment of stocking both ceramic alloys and gold alloys. The other advantage to your accounts, designing in cad creates a better designed framework, it actually teaches you how to design frameworks better.
Not saying its cheaper designing frames in Cad, but it can speed up production to make it a break even or close to break even......
Dimis, there are many labs using DPM (print & cast) and SLM here on DLN if you want to start a new thread asking opinions comparing to casting inhouse. At the moment I'm using DPM on all my full cast gold in Noble and HN, and some of my pfms, depending on the volume.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The investment for a new or even used induction casting machine is not cheap and will take years to pay for

thats all that needed to be said. looking for an "inexpensive" way to use an induction casting machine is an oxymoron. there are far better options. casting yourself, and sending files for printing/milling are two MUCH more inexpensive ways of doing it.

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Ok i know that its not cheap what i meant is that i dont want something fancy or a brand name i just want an induction casting thats simple but can do the work. Because i dont know alot i thought maybe somebody of the network will know to tell me a few companies that i can reserch that are cheaper than the others and quide me what to avoid.
P.s thanks charles007 for those info :)

ter01475

ter01475

Reaction score
I used induction and have from the day I started (1977) and would recommend it...I have produced great castings and saved a ton of time..it takes about 30 seconds to do a casting. My current machine is a Bego Fornax...if you look on ebay I am sure you can find some good used machines. I will be retiring in the spring...if you want to wait. We use Argen also, but still find that we need to wax and cast some cases and will for a number of years