Looking for a more accurate transfers

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I am using the transfer which comes with a white plastic which clicks inside , doc screws the transfer into the implant and after that covers the transfer with the white plastic till the click and take the impression , here is one i received yesterday ... notice how the white plastic borders are covered :mad:
aimageshack.us_a_img600_7606_20130504130412.jpg

the problem is 70% of impressions the green wash in my case covers and enters inside the plastic , thats when i receive the impression and try to enter my transfer in the lab ,i have troubles getting the "click" right , not that i had any problems so far , but i find this transfers a bit inaccurate . i dont do screwed bridges , if i would have those kind of works i would be in trouble with these transfers..
aimageshack.us_a_img600_7606_20130504130412.jpg

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Get the Doc to switch to open tray impressions.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
open tray is a bit a problem for my docs , they dont want to waste time sending me the alginat impression so i work on it only for making them an open personal impression , its time wasting for them.. maybe there are some kind of closed impression transfers types better then what i have today

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wouldnt work on that impression.. What type of implants are these..?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
open tray is a bit a problem for my docs , they dont want to waste time sending me the alginat impression so i work on it only for making them an open personal impression , its time wasting for them.. maybe there are some kind of closed impression transfers types better then what i have today

The doc can waste his time with an open
tray impression now or waste chair time later
trying to seat those crowns.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I wouldnt work on that impression.. What type of implants are these..?

normal implants , yes i know but can u do a picture of your impression with transfers for me ? maybe i will get an idea how good impressions should look with the right transfers.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
The doc can waste his time with an open
tray impression now or waste chair time later
trying to seat those crowns.

your right , but still ..there must be some good closed tray impression transfers out there , not everybody work with open trays .

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
What implant system yours doctor use .

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
You don't have to make a custom impression tray for open tray technic , just ask yours doctors to drill a hall on stock impression tray

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
You don't have to make a custom impression tray for open tray technic , just ask yours doctors to drill a hall on stock impression tray

right , i will see about that , if yes what kind of transfers you recommend? once i bought 4 long transfers for open tray , tried with doctor 3 times to take a good impression on same patient , all the times the transfers had a bit of movement to them , the case was with 4 implants one near the other , the hole he made was one big hole for all because all were too close to each other , so the material when cured didnot holed the transfers in place very well , since then we use the transfers which come with the white plastic , didnot made me big problems , only problem is the wash material gets into the plastic even the doc tells me his covering the transfer with the white plastic in mouth until he hears the click so no idea why the wash material enters into them plastic still lol ...

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Edy 1- for 2 or more implants you can ask doctor to connect impression copings with floss and than dura lay
Ask doctor to use hard body( impragam ) type material for impression , he can surrenge material around the implants before inserting tray.
2 what brand of the implants you are tacking ? Zimmer, 3I , or ....?

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
ritter implants and i have some MIS implants too

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Edy, I have to go now ,but will reply you tonight

M

martintay

Reaction score
Screw imp post for open tray

Edy these are much more accurate !
My work.jpg

M

martintay

Reaction score
right , i will see about that , if yes what kind of transfers you recommend? once i bought 4 long transfers for open tray , tried with doctor 3 times to take a good impression on same patient , all the times the transfers had a bit of movement to them , the case was with 4 implants one near the other , the hole he made was one big hole for all because all were too close to each other , so the material when cured didnot holed the transfers in place very well , since then we use the transfers which come with the white plastic , didnot made me big problems , only problem is the wash material gets into the plastic even the doc tells me his covering the transfer with the white plastic in mouth until he hears the click so no idea why the wash material enters into them plastic still lol ...

Edy i don`t think they are "clicking" properly !

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Edy, I think you are tacking about MIS implants : Mis Implants - Catalog USA .
If , yes than you can't use different impression copings, becouse doctor use solid abutments .
Call implant company, see what thay recommend and make sure doctor use plastic copings only one time .

M

martintay

Reaction score
Typical "open tray" case. Sorry some are a little out of focus !
DSC_0259.jpg DSC_0261.jpg DSC_0265.jpg DSC_0272.jpg DSC_0286.jpg DSC_0313.jpg DSC_0325.jpg

M

martintay

Reaction score
beautiful Martin , i will try to buy some transfers for open tray and give them a one more try

In the UK the dentist buys these.

Top Bottom