Lifespan of Milling Machines

L

Lonni Thompson

Reaction score
How long are AG Motion2 Milling Machines lasting before put to the Milling graveyard?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Manufacturers work on a 7 year turnaround on producing new models, this is what Ive been told (might not pertain exactly to a mill),is that the serviceable life is about that long depending on use, BUT most manufacturers will not provide parts on legacy machines they have discontinued. I had a lightly used motion 1 that I used for 5+ years and now its enjoying its second life in mexico for the past 3 years, still churning. I buy all my mills used now, almost all had less than 100 hours.. the only mill I bought new, it was dead in less than 3 years of light use, no service for it, no parts for it.
So, beware.. Id rather be driving a new car now for the money I wasted, it would only have 50k miles on it..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Depends on how well you take care of it and do the daily cleaning and what not. I have mills that are 8yrs old and still running like tanks. VHF S1 and VHF K4 are the oldest ones i have.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
You should judge that on hours of use and your tolerance for repairs. You will have break-downs that will impact that decision and they can be somewhat expensive. The axis motors will go out usually under 5k hours (replace all the x-y-z when one goes out then A-b when one of those goes out, Spindle, around 7 k. The tool measurement and some other sensors will go at some point but that is about it for major repairs but you do have some preventative maintenance that will replace wear parts every 1000 hours. Mine is at almost 6 yrs and going strong.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zz m5 13 years used all day every day

L

Lonni Thompson

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, mine is going on 8 years old, I just bought a Roland with the trade in. I feel I received a great deal. Happy Fall!!

Top Bottom