Lets Talk Computers!!!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Here is my monster build i just did 8 months ago
Intel i7 7820X 3.6ghz 8 core
G.Skill TridentZ 64GB DDR4 Sdram 3200 (PC4 25600) (4x16gb)
MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard
Samsung 512GB 960 Pro m.2 SSD (as boot drive)
Western Digital 2tb Desktop Performance Caviar Black HDD (data storage)
Evga GeForce GTTX 1080 Ti FTW3 11gb GDDR5X
Evga SuperNova 750watt 80plus gold certified
Noctua NH-D15S cooler
All inside a Antec 1200 case.

Runs 3shape like a charm powers through large cases no issues. Should do well with cam software as well.

But instead of the 1080Ti i would of gone the route of Quadro P4000 for a touch more it kills the 1080Ti and top AMD cards like they were nothing!

Pics of my build: View attachment 30343 View attachment 30344 View attachment 30345 View attachment 30346 View attachment 30347 View attachment 30348 View attachment 30349 View attachment 30350 View attachment 30351 View attachment 30352
i always try to run a top mount power supply. a lot less extra heat running up through the case.
looks great though! well done

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
John Wilson is running a older quadro no issues/ apparently back in the day older version of 3shape had issues but seems like newer version are better, But for CAM Xenon has been the key CPU to go with. My buddy got a xenon Build for his new cam computer weiland DS Cam, calculated a full arch implant bridge within 3 to 4 minutes. He showed me a video clip of it calculating a full disk of singles and it ripped. The new i9 line up is very impressive as well. The CPU drives the program(s) and the GPU renders all the 3D modeling and the RAM just lets them both do their jobs with ease, that is the simplest way I can explain it withou getting all GEEK on you, LOL!

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
How often do you take your computer in for a cleaning ?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
You just take the cover off and use a air hose to it ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You just take the cover off and use a air hose to it ?
sort of, yes. a bit more gentle than just blasting with crazy high pressure air lol

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Way more gently than full pressure. And only use the air hose if you have a proper air line dryer and it has no oil or water coming out.
Canned air is used for doing this for good reason.
A camera lens blow bulb works very well also. Used one for years to clean out copiers and fax machines when I worked on those.

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I was just going to drop off at the local computer place tomorrow...taking a couple days off , twist the throttle on the dirt bike, wreck havoc on mother nature and pollute the air with gas laced with oil. But its alright. I'll l be north of here. Up around Rob / The Lab Guy's area,Wavey

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I was just going to drop off at the local computer place tomorrow...taking a couple days off , twist the throttle on the dirt bike, wreck havoc on mother nature and pollute the air with gas laced with oil. But its alright. I'll l be north of here. Up around Rob / The Lab Guy's area,Wavey
You better stop in while your up here, the trails run right by the store :)

Top Bottom