Lets help JUKO

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Alright everybody, I need a new place to try to send files to get a PFZ coping and also A Full Contour for the same case. I was given too many 'I DON'T KNOWS' on the phone today and lost confidence. This is my problem with technology. I think I have a right to say I don't know but if you own a mill and have been utilizing this tech for a few years now there should not be any I DON"T KNOWS!!!!!!!!!

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
you comfortable with over-the-border milling centres ?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Try giving Ivoclar Vivadent "Troy" milling center (formally WPT milling) a call. They've expanded the Zenostar line up and have more to offer in their zircona line up. Excellent support.

edit: Zenostar for Zenotec

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Alright everybody, I need a new place to try to send files to get a PFZ coping and also A Full Contour for the same case. I was given too many 'I DON'T KNOWS' on the phone today and lost confidence. This is my problem with technology. I think I have a right to say I don't know but if you own a mill and have been utilizing this tech for a few years now there should not be any I DON"T KNOWS!!!!!!!!!
What questions were you asking?

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
What are your material settings for design. Bur size, recommended cement gap. I don't know. Ok welli guess I can just send you the model scan, what's the best way to send to you? I think drop box but I don't know. They said they don't even know where to locate the material settings, so I told them but it was just too much trouble. How do I know these things and they don't. Seriously is it just me?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What are your material settings for design. Bur size, recommended cement gap. I don't know. Ok welli guess I can just send you the model scan, what's the best way to send to you? I think drop box but I don't know. They said they don't even know where to locate the material settings, so I told them but it was just too much trouble. How do I know these things and they don't. Seriously is it just me?
Obviously that is not the right place to use for outsourcing. If there is a problem, they'll never be able to figure it out.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
i will even supply you with material settings, and walk you through setting up your own if you arent comfortable with mine.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Another problem I'm facing is until I get a new computer, apparently takes 4-6 weeks, I'm stuck with 2012 software which apparently is soo very old it doesn't jive with argen anymore. Is that a problem for you pearlz?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Another problem I'm facing is until I get a new computer, apparently takes 4-6 weeks, I'm stuck with 2012 software which apparently is soo very old it doesn't jive with argen anymore. Is that a problem for you pearlz?
Theres a reason I stuck with 2012. It works great, no bugs.

If youre dead set on getting updated and want to join the thread about 3shape issues, go ahead; but Id switch resellers and pay my fees to CAP and get a computer from them.

On your current system, just use the Zirkon selection in materials. thats where I changed my settings to get things nice.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Theres a reason I stuck with 2012. It works great, no bugs.

If youre dead set on getting updated and want to join the thread about 3shape issues, go ahead; but Id switch resellers and pay my fees to CAP and get a computer from them.

On your current system, just use the Zirkon selection in materials. thats where I changed my settings to get things nice.
I would stick with 2012 unfortunately if I want to have options for different materials and mill centers, I have to upgrade. They just are not accepting of the 2012 software anymore.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
no, no problem. i will simply have to create the material from scratch in your database. i won't be able to import my settings.

you can call me at 306-343-6633 and ask for Ben. we can teamviewer and i can set you up when you are ready. then you'll email the case to me for the first go-round and if you are satisfied with price and fit and shade, i'll make you an account at our website so you don't need to bother with emails anymore.

but again, as it is transiting the border, expect some delays and some excessive shipping charges.

ball is in your court monsieur Juko.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I would stick with 2012 unfortunately if I want to have options for different materials and mill centers, I have to upgrade. They just are not accepting of the 2012 software anymore.
When you send a file, they dont know what version you used to design it. I gotta throw a flag on that one.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score

actually Userbob he's more or less right. if he wants options to do cases at various centers for different things, like full gold from argen, and fcz from like Alien or something then they'll need to create compatibility between him and them, and unfortunately in situations like doing implants at Nobel - they dont have DME's that will work with 2012 anymore.

so yeah upgrading would be of tremendous benefit for options.

but what you say is true, they dont know or care what version of the system generated the file.

user name

user name

Reaction score
actually Userbob he's more or less right. if he wants options to do cases at various centers for different things, like full gold from argen, and fcz from like Alien or something then they'll need to create compatibility between him and them, and unfortunately in situations like doing implants at Nobel - they dont have DME's that will work with 2012 anymore.

so yeah upgrading would be of tremendous benefit for options.

but what you say is true, they dont know or care what version of the system generated the file.
Ive used the same parameters for Zr, SLM, DPM from different places and no issues at all.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
well you should have seen some very different fits from all 3. especially from zirconia to slm.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys though user name is like a big teddy bear with tattoos.

Travis, we need a t.m.i. button....and thanks JUKO, here I have this vision of 'username' being rough around the edges, don't take no shlt from nobody type of a guy (daughters will do that to a man)...now I gotta somehow put teddy bear in that vision...lol Seriously, love to hear great stories of helping each other out on here. We a pretty tight group :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive used the same parameters for Zr, SLM, DPM from different places and no issues at all.
I didnt mean One parameter for all materials; Zr regardless of who it came from was all manufactured from my same parameters. same for each material...didnt matter who was doing it, they all worked off the same settings. after contacting several milling centers and having them load my files up with 'their' settings, IL ooked and realized they are all about the same. After tweaking for my preferences, the basic stuff Juko will see in the drop down menu is what I was using with good results with the exception of wax. That got milled from the Zirkon parameter as well.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Travis, we need a t.m.i. button....and thanks JUKO, here I have this vision of 'username' being rough around the edges, don't take no shlt from nobody type of a guy (daughters will do that to a man)...now I gotta somehow put teddy bear in that vision...lol Seriously, love to hear great stories of helping each other out on here. We a pretty tight group :)
T.M.I..?

Whats that?

Top Bottom