Lady digs up husband to swap dentures

doug

doug

Reaction score
I guess it's important to her. Good thing he wasn't cremated

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Man! The only time my town gets on the news, it is always for something like this... My wife just finished doing her clinical rounds at that Hospital. Great Hospital just had a weird thing happen. The family seems to be strangely attached to those dentures. I think they are just being difficult.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I guess it's important to her. Good thing he wasn't cremated

My thoughts exactly, although the bit about him not resting in peace stretched credulity, i mean what part of dead and unable to care is not apparent?
People do funny things in grief.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
A few years ago, I remember hearing that a new nurse was asked to collect and clean patient's dentures at a local nursing home. She filled a bucket with them and went back to supervisor to ask the "next" step. LOL One of our GD's said that it took days to sort out.

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
A few years ago, I remember hearing that a new nurse was asked to collect and clean patient's dentures at a local nursing home. She filled a bucket with them and went back to supervisor to ask the "next" step. LOL One of our GD's said that it took days to sort out.

In dental school they taught us how to type on toliet paper and ingest it into the acrylic, just for his reason
They told us they throw peoples dentures through the dishwashers in old folks homes

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I used to work in a lab that a woman called and asked if her uncles new teeth could be made to fit her since he only wore them for a month before he died.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Well we had someone come in and ask to take the gold crown of her dead husbands denture and add it on to hers years back. ewww.

Guess this is taking it to the next level :confused:

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I still think AJEL's story of the full upper (drugstore home reline) denture that had maggots living in it is the most horiffic I've ever heard.
I'm sure I've heard every other story in some form over the years, but the maggot story gets the gold medal for GROSS!

see this - http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f2/denture-8075/#post39830 ai33.photobucket.com_albums_d83_iamanemofag_th8645a397.gif
ai33.photobucket.com_albums_d83_iamanemofag_th8645a397.gif

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Maggots...eeewww...saw someone else's post about baloney...I removed impression material from a reline and found GREEN baloney underneath it...never found maggots though.. thank goodness!!!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I still think AJEL's story of the full upper (drugstore home reline) denture that had maggots living in it is the most horiffic I've ever heard.
I'm sure I've heard every other story in some form over the years, but the maggot story gets the gold medal for GROSS!

see this - http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f2/denture-8075/#post39830 ai33.photobucket.com_albums_d83_iamanemofag_th8645a397.gif

WOW... is all I can say about that.

The worst story I can think of that comes to mind is a Dr. we work for done what he cause a working reline. (He takes a reline impression lets the patient wear it for a couple days then we do a hard reline.) Well the patient leaves and doesn't come back for 3 yrs and on top of that says the denture fit so well he NEVER took it out of his mouth......

Below is a picture of his denture the day he brought it in. Oh and no he didn't bring it in for the reline he broke a tooth out.......

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/fast_stangsrus/WorstDenture.jpg
ai33.photobucket.com_albums_d83_iamanemofag_th8645a397.gif

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
WOW... is all I can say about that.

The worst story I can think of that comes to mind is a Dr. we work for done what he cause a working reline. (He takes a reline impression lets the patient wear it for a couple days then we do a hard reline.) Well the patient leaves and doesn't come back for 3 yrs and on top of that says the denture fit so well he NEVER took it out of his mouth......

Below is a picture of his denture the day he brought it in. Oh and no he didn't bring it in for the reline he broke a tooth out.......

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg120/fast_stangsrus/WorstDenture.jpg

I'm guessing that one smelled as bad as my worst reline but at least mine was pinkish. In the 70's we didn't have cameras around like now with the digital. Although that case almost has smell attached to it.

Top Bottom