Keysplint Soft products

• Thread starter Dental materials research
  • Start date
D

Dental materials research

Reaction score
I would like to know why you use keysplint soft products and the patients you use.

I don't know much about this area, so I need your help :)

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
and the patients you use.
Are you referring to the “type”of patients (cases) you would use KeySplint soft? If so then any patient in which the doctor is on board with the material. Some want acrylic. Some doctors are not ready to trust 3D printed materials. So as long as the doctor is on board then I use it on all my nightguard cases.

To the first point I use it because the approved workflow by keystone allows me to use my equipment without fear of harming the patient or legal actions from the FDA. It also happens to be a great material.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We now use Keysplint Soft for the majority of our splint cases, we design and print about 16-20 of them a day, and they are the closest printed material that's comparable to Clear Splint that we have used and a bring reason we use it.
From flat to functional splints its great because it lasts long (If designed right) and has thermal properties so its comfortable.
We also use the Keyprint Hard, for hard acrylic designs and its great for metal free hard acrylic.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
We use Keysplint Soft for our printed nightguards, we do quite a few (30-50 a day probably). We have validated workflows for our Carbons as well as our Asigas, and it's a decent material all around. The slight colour change from post-processing is also very nice for spotting parts that didn't get a comprehensive toasting in the Dreve or that got mixed up with finished parts.

D

Reaction score
Are you referring to the “type”of patients (cases) you would use KeySplint soft? If so then any patient in which the doctor is on board with the material. Some want acrylic. Some doctors are not ready to trust 3D printed materials. So as long as the doctor is on board then I use it on all my nightguard cases.

To the first point I use it because the approved workflow by keystone allows me to use my equipment without fear of harming the patient or legal actions from the FDA. It also happens to be a great material.
Thank you for your opinion :)

Also, what is the disease of a patient using Nightguard??

For example, there are symptoms such as tooth grinding, malocclusion, and snoring.
I'd appreciate it if you could write it down in detail. I think it will be a great help for me to study.

D

Reaction score
Usually its to treat TMJ or the symptoms you described, clenching, grinding, but also for muscle retraining or other pain like symptoms
Oh, thank you.

If so, is the Hard&Soft type used according to the patient's preference and age?

D

Reaction score
I'm curious, why are you just researching the one product? Is it what a dentist prescribed for you?
Among the soft products, we are mainly inquiring about keysplintsotf products because they show the best physical properties and many uses in the literature. Can you recommend another product???

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Among the soft products, we are mainly inquiring about keysplintsotf products because they show the best physical properties and many uses in the literature. Can you recommend another product???
I can't recommend any of them since I don't use them. It seems to me that you should research them all and then make your decision. Don't just go by any of the companies literature.

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Hi ^LuthorCorp,

we are about to transfer to milling / printing our splints too and already experimented with Keysplint soft.

Looks pretty good so far on our Asiga max.

Any recommendations on occlusal- or other min-thicknesses?

What are your indications for using hard vs soft? e.g.: Snoring-Splint with the manual added side-thingies for protrusion (sorry for my english :D),standard bite splint etc.

TY in advance