Just Posted my Laser Welder in Classifieds!

• Thread starter greatimpressionslab
  • Start date
G

greatimpressionslab

Reaction score
For you curious guys and girls who have heard of the benefits of lasers in ortho work, maybe its time to take the plunge!! I will never go back to silver soldering again. Not a single broken joint since I've made the switch. This is about the least expensive laser on the market I believe and for our work it is totally adequate. Not much of the potential power is even used, probably about 20% of max I would say. I recently purchased the next machine up the line of Orotig that shoots faster, but sadly, it has not sped things along like I had envisioned over the first machine. Please don't let this news get back to my wife... Anyways, just wanted you to know its over there in the equipment section. Lasers are amazing and will change your life. I weld c clasps off of a labial bow in 25 seconds. Then adjust the laser beam to polish the weld and the sharp ends to a perfect half sphere, 15 seconds. Done. Its insane. Let me know if you are curious about the machine! All the best, Ryan

chief26

chief26

Reaction score
I just purchased my first...and could use some advice....the directions look easy enought..but, during practice, i put holes in the bands and cant get 2 wires to stay together...uuuggghhh...help..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Lower the power ,and test . If it is not welding reduse the spot size without touching the lowered power . When you have 2 wires or generally two parts to be welded, aim for the midle . And practice... A lot ! I am not in ortho , but I have been welding for over 10 years now . All it takes for the task is lots of practice . When you finally make it happen , you will never look back . Nowdays , i can't operate the lab without a laser welding machine .

G

greatimpressionslab

Reaction score
Laser advice!

I just purchased my first...and could use some advice....the directions look easy enought..but, during practice, i put holes in the bands and cant get 2 wires to stay together...uuuggghhh...help..

Chief, When welding to a band, make sure you are holding the band wall almost in line with the laser beam and focus the shot more toward the wire and splash the metal onto the band. Also, buy a big roll of .011 or .012 ligature wire and transfer a # of feet of it onto a smaller spool. Lay this wire in the joint as you weld to build up a fillet, it makes a nice solid joint and is a lot cheaper than special "laser wire". Check out my Youtube vid of lasering a space maintainer here Laser Welding a Space Maintainer - YouTube. Enjoy the laser life, it gets easier! Ryan

Top Bottom