Just had a dentist!!!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
lol...yes, that was a good one, or as you said, you knew it made your day, when you saw the title :D
I saw that and said to myself oh boy here we go you don't get one of these every day.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not personal guys! I charged him for some remakes cause i was tired of sh...t impressions even after having called for every case expressing the difficulties i forsaw.

So he disappeared. that's it Boys!
I am positive he's getting better marginal integrity now with his cerec .... BangheadAs well as better esthetics .... Hahaha I also know he found a cheaper lab so i wish him Luck!

You're newer here, so I wanted to give you a little freedom to not have to answer, if you didn't want to get into it :)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You're newer here, so I wanted to give you a little freedom to not have to answer, if you didn't want to get into it :)
We are lab techs, salty, bitter, rude, gruff, unfiltered and ruthless with jokes. I imagine its from all the old military techs.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
This isnt the 1st time one of my clients have purchased a cerac but this one pi55ed me off with the whole attitude .i have worked with this guy for 24 years and have truly looked after him.there have been many remakes and adjustments and listening to a lot of very poor theories on everything seriously he talks a lot of 5hit but makes me laugh but not this time.I know all the different ways this can play out but i know how this one is going to go.
As much as this angers you, the best for you is to just move on and see what happens. I too, have been through this same scenario a few times now. I used to let if affect me too much, due to the same reasons that you stated in your longevity and service to this account. It leaves you feeling truly burned. I have found that moving on has been best for me, and all but one of the offices that have gone to in-house CAD/CAM have returned to sending work to me. It may not be the same amount of work as before, but it's been higher dollar cases(cosmetic,implant,multiple units),that they can't handle in office. I would suggest that you don't burn the bridge all the way, just put him low on the priority list and cut back your willingness to help out on the "small" things. Also charge for everything, contact add ons, shade taking, and so on, no favors his way, but do it with a total business sense not emotional. Hope this lessens the frustration a little for you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Could have sold him a Trios or Carestream . This is a golden opportunity for any lab experiencing crappy impressions.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
already tried that one rkmrdt, one of my staff reminded me that this jerk also brought his son about 18 months ago into the lab just to look around to see how we do things because he was interested in casting and jewellery i might have to get them to sign confidential agreements in the future.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
already tried that one rkmrdt, one of my staff reminded me that this jerk also brought his son about 18 months ago into the lab just to look around to see how we do things because he was interested in casting and jewellery i might have to get them to sign confidential agreements in the future.
I don't know how you could find language that would hold up. Non-compete is usually a joke, and NDAs don't pertain to basic process elements. If you find a way, please share that.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

Before I started in dentistry I was a jeweler. Trust me this sounds like the doc's son needs a job and dad is trying to get him started in the office. Let them see the equipment, show the son how you make a crown, this doesn't mean they will know how to make one even with the cerec. I would just let it go but double your fee and turn around time for anything they send over.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i think i have as much of a chance of eating ice cream in hell JMN

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Making a crown is a lot of steps a whole day training wouldn't have him making even crap crowns. Especially casting.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
It just got better ladies and gentleman the dentist who wanted me to help them with a furnace etc so he can make his own crowns and the reason for this thread has just sent me an impression so i can make a crown for his mouth. the world is a crazy place it does my head in.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
It just got better ladies and gentleman the dentist who wanted me to help them with a furnace etc so he can make his own crowns and the reason for this thread has just sent me an impression so i can make a crown for his mouth. the world is a crazy place it does my head in.

This may or may not be for him. What you aren't seeing is that he wants a discount on this work, there's also a holiday weekend coming up and he may not have time to do this himself. Just saying...

Top Bottom