Just had a dentist!!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
i think john wilson has the best handle on it .its totally f u i will see sweat fanny adams from these blood suckers again.

What I see are bridges and difficult cases being sent to you.
What I also see are higher prices on your invoices heading there way........lol

I like the idea of selling your old furnace to the doc at an inflated price so you can buy a new oven.;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Recommend a P710 since it's reputed to be the best on the market! :D

If asked why, I'd say, hey, I use Ivoclar ovens and they rarely let me down under heavy use.

Or maybe I'd just say, "I have another call coming in, can you hold please?'

Last edited:
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
We all have to deal with technology changing the we do business...dentists included.

I just stopped by one of my "Cerec" accounts to take a shade this morning on the way to work. They had a made an upper central that was too translucent and dark. I get paid well above what they could get this crown done for but I still get the work. I have many large cases in my lab from this same account.

I know it's hard to accept the initial blow of this transition, but you got to stay focused and open. Of course you don't have to teach them how to glaze the things! Just don't quit on a bad note.

Hang in there!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I know it's hard to accept the initial blow of this transition, but you got to stay focused and open. Of course you don't have to teach them how to glaze the things! Just don't quit on a bad note.

Hang in there!

Good advice, keep your integrity but don't burn the bridge...just say that you cannot give any advice because conflict of interest...

C

charles007

Reaction score
Got to keep a positive mindset, be creative, think ahead of the way labs will stay in business rather than looking at your losses.

Edit: zero and I just posted at the same time..... so true about burning bridges.
Never burn bridges because you never know what's in for you in the future.
Sometimes Cerec docs give up, and some use it on more simple stuff rather than
putting in the time and $$ to learn how to do lab work.

Either work with docs that use inhouse milling or loose the entire $$ account forever.

Last edited:
rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Doctors with Real Mills is very common nowadays. I have several docs who call in to order zirconia,wax,pmma,chrome cobalt etc.
The days of of the Cercrap MCXL mill will be extinct before you know it. I know it's a sting to you lab owners with docs having
their own labs and learning how to use all these new mills and programs.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Doctors with Real Mills is very common nowadays. I have several docs who call in to order zirconia,wax,pmma,chrome cobalt etc.
The days of of the Cercrap MCXL mill will be extinct before you know it. I know it's a sting to you lab owners with docs having
their own labs and learning how to use all these new mills and programs.
Lab Techs will just evolve back to in house. Someone needs to run the machine. Drs make too much to do it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
This isnt the 1st time one of my clients have purchased a cerac but this one pi55ed me off with the whole attitude .i have worked with this guy for 24 years and have truly looked after him.there have been many remakes and adjustments and listening to a lot of very poor theories on everything seriously he talks a lot of 5hit but makes me laugh but not this time.I know all the different ways this can play out but i know how this one is going to go.

D

dimtsic

Reaction score
I had a client who called me up one day to ask for furnace and glazing advice after buying a cerec.
It pissed me off........!!!

I took a deep breath and told him that it was very complicated to explain over the phone but if they wanted i could setup a 2 part course over a weekend which i would obviously charge for (a lot!!! $$$$$) and i could give him and the staff all the tricks they needed.

That was it. No more questions about that and continued to send work untill something else happened a year and a half later.....

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I had a client who called me up one day to ask for furnace and glazing advice after buying a cerec.
It pissed me off........!!!

I took a deep breath and told him that it was very complicated to explain over the phone but if they wanted i could setup a 2 part course over a weekend which i would obviously charge for (a lot!!! $$$$$) and i could give him and the staff all the tricks they needed.

That was it. No more questions about that and continued to send work untill something else happened a year and a half later.....

....which was?! Spill the gossip!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It may be to personal?

D

dimtsic

Reaction score
Not personal guys! I charged him for some remakes cause i was tired of sh...t impressions even after having called for every case expressing the difficulties i forsaw.

So he disappeared. that's it Boys!
I am positive he's getting better marginal integrity now with his cerec .... BangheadAs well as better esthetics .... Hahaha I also know he found a cheaper lab so i wish him Luck!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not too personal for Riley's vibrator thread :D

lol...yes, that was a good one, or as you said, you knew it made your day, when you saw the title :D

Top Bottom