Jump on in here!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I'm thinking MO1 or HO1 and stain and layer the heck out of it. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
How much thickness labially? If real tight, I'd go with MO or Zr coping

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
A feldspatic veneer may be the right answer here. You can selectively cover the discolored parts. Or, how about bleaching the preparation? I am aware it may come back, though.

In cases like this on, it is almost impossible to find the right balance between the required translucency and enough opacity to cover up the discolored tooth abutment.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
How much thickness labially? If real tight, I'd go with MO or Zr coping

Waxed to full contour, I have 1.5 mm thickness. I think I will use the MO1 and cut back .7 mm. That will leave me .8 thickness which should block underlying stump. I'm sure there will be some back and forth on this one. Doc is out of town which will make it more fun.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Waxed to full contour, I have 1.5 mm thickness.

Good luck! I think, at cervical, you will have opacity issues. There is no way around that, though.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What concerns me is that it will be difficult to light cure through an opacious restoration. I would have suggested a crown prep instead.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
Waxed to full contour, I have 1.5 mm thickness. I think I will use the MO1 and cut back .7 mm. That will leave me .8 thickness which should block underlying stump. I'm sure there will be some back and forth on this one. Doc is out of town which will make it more fun.

with 1.5mm I think you'll be good to go with your plan. Dr can always try a more opacious cement too.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Why not just do PFZ? Use a high strength coping which is way more opaque and they do a nice build up on it?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have three options to go with, 1- I could use felspathic ceramic using platinum foil /opaque and the normal layering. 2- HO emax as a coping and normal emax laying.3- or PFZ.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

Yep, MO1 will work, you just have to stain the core of the MO1 to get that internal effect like a feldspathic would give you. However, I would do both (feldspathic and MO1) looks like a great learning case...compare the both when you're done.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
either MO or HO should work, though I would lean toward the HO just because of the margin area.
zirconia core is applicable too, but I see no reason HO wouldn't work just as well if not better (sorry tyler lol)

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I thought about the HO pellet but I feel like the limited ingot shades in this would be a problem in the cervical third. The adjacent tooth appears to have a nice translucent appearance in this area with a distinct brightness (maybe OE 2 or 3). I would have tried the PFZ option, but the margin of the prep only extends down the lingual 1/3. I don't think this would provide enough retention to cement a PFZ. If the MO doesn't work out, I might go this route if the doc could re-prep. The feldspathic option sounds good, but I haven't done one of those in years.
Anyway, this thing has got to go out tomorrow. I will try to get the doc to take some photos to show results.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
sounds good bud. let us know!