TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
HS Silicone Separating Agent
Call John Schiable at Schutz NA

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I watched that video and found the silicone or pvs matrix over the teeth very interesting how he poured something on the matrix which allowed him to pour the stone directly onto the matrix creating some kind of bond between the two. does anyone know what that material was???

HS Silicone Separating Agent

I could be mistaken but it sounds like hydent is asking about the adhesive crystals added to the silicone separating agent to give the stone a way to adhere to the silicone.

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
I watched that video and found the silicone or pvs matrix over the teeth very interesting how he poured something on the matrix which allowed him to pour the stone directly onto the matrix creating some kind of bond between the two. does anyone know what that material was???

I think it was a crystal of some sort I have used sand it will do the same job it enables the surface of the silicone covering the teeth to mechanical join to the stone. Any irregular shaped material that will not be effected by heat or pressure would work the same way. eg glass crystal, Silicone crystals

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
cool I just learned something new! anyone use this technique? I know most guys cover it with putty, but this looks more efficient and uses less expensive materials. Its weird because I was trying to think of something last week to do this. I was thinking fiberglass fibers sprinkled on top of the matrix... you can buy at the local plastic shop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom