Ivoclar Ivocap System for PMMA

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
This is an injection system that will use most standard acrylics and is very very simple to use and much cheaper
MERZ DENTAL

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
Stevo;

How good is their PromoLux line of acrylics?

Or their High Impact PromoLux line?

Regarding flasking, from the literature it seems this one Swiss Jet flask takes most if not all acrylics and techniques.
What is the purpose of their PrimEcco line? Duplication only?

Which injector system to use with these flasks?

Which flask compresses to use? Do the pneumatic systems work?

Realistically, I am seeking one system that works in all situations, as the ideal. Of course, does such a system actually exist?

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
I know little about there line of acyclic but to use this system all you would need to purchase is the flask and if you didn't have a hydraulic press.
It has been designed with simplicity in mine to convert from and open flask technique to this system is so easy and very inexpensive compared to other injection systems.
The company who I purchased these flakes off lent me two flasks for a month and if I wasn't happy they would take the flasks back at no charge
maybe you could negotiate a deal with the supplier in your region

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
Who sells the Swiss Jet flasks? Neither Darby nor Schein nor Patterson list it.

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
Which injector system to use with these flasks?

The flask is the injector....in the picture below the white "swiss jet" puck acts as the plunger....you assemble the flask....put your acrylic into the round orifice on the upper silver component....place the white"swiss jet" puck into the same orifice...then load the whole assembly into a flask press...the compression of the press drives the white puck down injecting the acrylic through the red component and into the case.

Swiss_Jet_Flask_4851fe31564e9.jpg

So basically the flask is components 1 & 2....the "injector" consists of your press...and components 3,4,&5.
aen.merzdental.de_ufile_4_52_11.jpg

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
The flask is the injector....in the picture below the white "swiss jet" puck acts as the plunger....you assemble the flask....put your acrylic into the round orifice on the upper silver component....place the white"swiss jet" puck into the same orifice...then load the whole assembly into a flask press...the compression of the press drives the white puck down injecting the acrylic through the red component and into the case.

Swiss_Jet_Flask_4851fe31564e9.jpg

So basically the flask is components 1 & 2....the "injector" consists of your press...and components 3,4,&5.

Do you happen to have a photo of a flask above after its been used for 10 years? Would like to see the mating surfaces and screws. Keep in mind, flask can get dropped, beat on, pryed on etc. over time.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
Do you happen to have a photo of a flask above after its been used for 10 years? Would like to see the mating surfaces and screws. Keep in mind, flask can get dropped, beat on, pryed on etc. over time.

nope...never even seen one in person...At over a grand each....not something im looking at.

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
Stevo;

to convert from and open flask technique to this system is so easy and very inexpensive compared to other injection systems.
If they cost more than $1,000 apiece, it is NOT what I would call "inexpensive."

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
Stevo;

to convert from and open flask technique to this system is so easy and very inexpensive compared to other injection systems.
If they cost more than $1,000 apiece, it is NOT what I would call "inexpensive."

I didn't say it was inexpensive I said compared to other systems
for 4K you can be up and running I don't know anther system that will give you 4 flask for that

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I didn't say it was inexpensive I said compared to other systems
for 4K you can be up and running I don't know anther system that will give you 4 flask for that

That's a valid point.

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
Are their flasks really THAT good? I mean, are there not other systems very similar, and a LOT cheaper?

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
Are their flasks really THAT good? I mean, are there not other systems very similar, and a LOT cheaper?

I don't Know of any other systems that is cheaper that will do all the things that you have outlined in earlier post you can even press Moloplast B which gives it a more denser consistence and is less porous

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
TomZ,

I watched the YouTube demo of the system. I see one fault only, though you as techs may see more. That is, what drives the pressure, that is the back-pressure, is the spring loaded screwing system. As the spring fatigues the quality will slowly decrease, and for this reason I still prefer a pneumatic or hydraulic press.
Still, this is a viable alternative.

Once placed, how do we know how much pressure is within the flask? It did not address this.

Different from the Swiss jet, this seems it was built like a tank, indestructible...other than the spring.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
Once placed, how do we know how much pressure is within the flask? It did not address this.

Screw + spring = Significantly less pressure than the swiss jet

Different from the Swiss jet, this seems it was built like a tank, indestructible...other than the spring.

and only TWICE as expensive

Last edited:
TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I hope your going to be as thorough with your impression taking and records.

Last edited:
T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
I hope your going to be as thorough with your impression taking and records.

I think if every dentist who intends to run a denture heavy practice could take an impression as good as the denture fit they expect.....and would start TAKING good bites instead of letting the patient GIVE them a screwy bite....All of us removable techs would get 3 hours more sleep a night.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I watched that video and found the silicone or pvs matrix over the teeth very interesting how he poured something on the matrix which allowed him to pour the stone directly onto the matrix creating some kind of bond between the two. does anyone know what that material was???

Top Bottom