iTero to 3Shape

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
in the iTero Rx form you must export the order as compatible with 3shape. you have 1 shot at this, before the case goes to Align. if you miss it, you're going to have a bad time.

then in 3shape you do a case Import (instead of setting up a new order)

tick the box to make models and you'll make models without a problem.

You can call iTero and have them re-set the case for you. You'll need to provide the case number to them and

let them know you exported the file incorrectly. They will be happy to re-set it back to Lab Review for you

to export the file properly. I speak from experience! :rolleyes:

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I'd love to hear how to do this. I had them put four cases back in queue yesterday (without ditch),and I still can't push them thru ModelBuilder. I get to Die Sectioning and then it goes haywire. Can I call you?

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
OK - thanks to Kent. I think I can produce a model. Now, I have a different question - Is there anyway to create a trim coping from a digital scan? Thanks

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
OK - thanks to Kent. I think I can produce a model. Now, I have a different question - Is there anyway to create a trim coping from a digital scan? Thanks
You mean a reduction coping?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Yeah...you'll have to do it from the design stage though. Set up a new order form for coping design only, import scans,

when you to mark the margin, click on trim die and make the adjustments you need then move forward with the design

from there. Easy peasy!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Backing up my database right now and cleaning it out on 3Shape, so I got a little

time. Haha.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yeah...you'll have to do it from the design stage though. Set up a new order form for coping design only, import scans,

when you to mark the margin, click on trim die and make the adjustments you need then move forward with the design

from there. Easy peasy!
No need to create a new order just do a standard copy and modify the order t ok a coping and design. Creating a new order is way more wotk.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It's better to start fresh. 3Shape likes it better that way. No former design tree to go around. Cleaner.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Then delete the design tree is any in the copy. Your scratching you left ear with your right hand.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
No...you're creating more work. Going in and deleting stuff. Most people don't have yours or my

level of understanding. I'm just trying to create an easy, bug free option. No going in and out of

the explore order. Short and sweet. Create an order form...import scans and start designing, boom. Done.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lol actually when. You do a standard copy no design is carried over, it is a fresh order. No issues in 2015 and or 2016. MFG protocol is more complex. Lol itd just my way of simplicity.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
my doctor sent me itero files in a dropbox - upper and lower scans along with script

how do i import them into my 3shape

thanks in advance

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
my doctor sent me itero files in a dropbox - upper and lower scans along with script

how do i import them into my 3shape

thanks in advance
In Dental Manager, right click and then choose 'New.' Create the order according to the script making sure you choose 'Digital Impression' in the upper right hand corner. Click 'OK.' Now right click on the order and click 'Import Scans.' Now navigate to the location of the STLs from your drop box. If this doesn't work, you may need to set up an ITero portal. Everything else is handled the same way.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Boy, there have been some slight improvements now since this thread was active. Lol. @Sevan P

Top Bottom