itero and 3Shape

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
So I was at some trainig a few weeks ago for my 3Shape, and I was told that I can accept iTero files without being apart of the iTero group. So I did my update and sure enough I can now accept iTero files. The problem is does anybody know the procedure for the Dr to send me the file? Since we're not apart of the iTero group, they can't simply select us off a list. Is there an easy way for docs to send me the file? HELP!!!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dunno if docs would be able to send files primarily because the raw scan data would not have been processed enough to have margins marked, trimmed, and proper files made up.

but surely the milling center would do this, as they would have the completed model information.

not completely sure how useable the files are, coming straight from the dentists.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Been awhile since I fooled with the iTero scanner software, but if I remember
there is a box that the Doc/Asistant can tick to have a .stl file returned.

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
You have to pay to play. I'll listen for the thud of your jaw hitting the floor when you call them.

Rick

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well maybe you don't have to pay a large sum...

you could partner with an iTero lab such that the doctor sends the work to lab 1, they export the case into STL models, and email them to you (lab 2) at lets say a 30$ charge. both labs make money on the venture and nobody needs to really bend over too far backwards to break the rules of software.

Macron Dental Lab

Macron Dental Lab

Reaction score
well maybe you don't have to pay a large sum...

you could partner with an iTero lab such that the doctor sends the work to lab 1, they export the case into STL models, and email them to you (lab 2) at lets say a 30$ charge. both labs make money on the venture and nobody needs to really bend over too far backwards to break the rules of software.

get the itero files and i get you your stl files to design your crowns....:D

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
All I need is the stl files. since I did the update I can import itero files, I watched the dude do this. Once you import the stl it's just like designing a case. Mark the margins and away you go. But I need to be able to explain to the docs in the most simpilist way on how to do this.

G

Gene

Reaction score
The Dr. has to send the file to Itero to have the model made and have it sent to your lab then you scan the model and fab the crown. You still may have to become a first tier lab at a minimal fee, I think@ 500.00. Don,t forget if you do, Itero bills you for the models and then you pass that on to the Dr. Can you also make models?

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Shane, we are in the same boat. (although we are an "itero" lab)

What we proposed is the Dr. click "export stl" and they can send it to us via "Yousendit"
Sometimes the STL files can get to large for regular email.
We have a link to upload files on our website....then import into 3shape.

Hope this helps

Adam

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
We looked into this as an abutment milling center and they wanted $5000 which we graciously refused.
You will be on a list of labs to choose from. What I find so interesting about iTero is how they will partner with Glidewell who has their own intra oral scanner but will not really partner with a custom abutment milling center who is not a competitive threat...

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Abutment Milling Centers are just dental labs like everybody else Keith. Gotta pay to play.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Shane,
Why not use the Itero through your Straumann system?

Top Bottom