Is it legal to fit or adjust partials on patients?

R

Rosandrea

Reaction score
A dentist wants to pay me to spend 3 hours at his office each week to fit and adjust partials on patients. Does anyone know if I am ok to legally do this?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Have to check with the dental board of the state that you are located in...but my thoughts are if you are not seeing the patients in the chair and just working in the office's lab, that's fine.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And if you legally can, hopefully you're getting paid well for that type of service.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
In my state we can’t. They consider it practicing dentistry without a license.
But since you’ll be in his office working under his instruction it might be okay. Check with your state board.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
A dentist wants to pay me to spend 3 hours at his office each week to fit and adjust partials on patients. Does anyone know if I am ok to legally do this?
If you are at a dentist office I believe you are allowed because you are under his supervision and covered by his insurance. Dental Assistance do and they are not qualified to do that in the first place.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
If he wants to pay you to paint his bathroom, you gonna do that to???
100/hr is your minimum

These bozo Henry Fords with the big ideas.....just overprice yourself, problem solved.

You shouldn't have 3hrs to spare.

He doesn't only want to make you his cheap stand in associate, he setting you up for the broken clasps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom