ips e.max ivoclar

F

fotis-84

Reaction score
i just started to use ,the kit e.max of ivoclar.i decided to buy this kit ( emax press ,zirpess ,zircad and the porcelain ceram) because i can press and fire the same porcelain ,emax ceram ,in zirconium and in all-ceramics bridges and crowns..i thing this is very usefull...

is anyone here ,who works with this kit of ips e.max?

Craig

Reaction score
Fotis,

We have had it since the release. I really like the system, and the handling characteristics are incredible. The porcelain has VERY LITTLE shrinkage. For example, when I build up a multiple unit bridge with the e.max, there is no tearing, and I seldom have to do a second bake. Unfortunately, we don't get e.max prescribed as often as we'd like, (we do more procera, and we use the Nobel Rondo porcelain for that) but when we do, we look forward to it.

I'm confident you'll like the e.max and you won't regret purchasing it. If you have any questions when you get started, just let me know.

Craig

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using e.max for almost two years now and I am very happy with it. Like Craig said it has very little shrinkage and does not tear. Craig does the InLine work similar to e.max?

Craig

Reaction score
I wish!!! No, in-line will shrink and tear, like any normal porcelain, but not as frequently. I'll usually get about 80% of my build ups in a single bake and no grind anatomy. The other 20% usually require a second bake, and SOME occlussal grinding.

Craig

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
I have been using emax press for about a year now but I am having trouble controlling the shades. They do not look like the shade guide at all and when I glaze them the value of the shade drops markedly. I use a Vita 4000 premium furnace which I have been purging with carbon blocks to keep cleanand used new crown stands but it has not really helped. Any one else have this problem ?. Any help appreciated.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Never had that problem Malcolm, but I don't use many pressables, faster for me to stack/finish the porcelain than take the time to wax it up. The only problem I have had with the e.max is a yellow tint, but i realized after awhile it was only coming from my YZ (Zirconia) crowns, cleaning cycle on the sintering oven fixed that. As for the e.max porcelain, I still trap air bubbles from time to time. I think it's because I work out of the bottles instead of mixing on a glass slab. Other than that, I like it, building it is really nice.

M

m.yanez

Reaction score
mist cast

Hi, I'm a recent graduate from Pasadena City College in CA and I'm working in a lab were I do emax but I'm having trouble, I mist cast, can anybody help me.:D

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We need more information..... What are you casting? E.Max is pressable, milled, or stacked on. Never heard anyone casting E.max. Maybe you're having trouble pressing? If so, please explain a little more in detail and I'm sure one of us will be able to help you out.

M

m.yanez

Reaction score
HI, YES I HAVE TROUBLE PRESSING, IT MUST BE BECAUSE WHEN I PULL THE RING OUT OF THE BURN OUT OVEN I HAVE TO WALK TO OTHER ROOM TO PRESS IT, BUT I'M NOT SURE

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Okay, what is happening, doesn't press all the way, investment breaks, bubbles in pressing? All these I've had problems with and all them have been fixed for a long time so just tell us what the problem is and we'll help you out.

M

m.yanez

Reaction score
IT DOESN'T PRESS ALL THE WAY, IT JUST PRESSES LIKE HALF THE CROWN.
THANK YOU

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
increase temperature, make sure you're using the right plungers as well. I also use Nitrogen gas when I press, do you have a Nitrogen bottle hooked up to your pressing machine?

F

fotis-84

Reaction score
i use emax all ceram and i have the ep 5000 ...i change the glaze temperature from 725 oC in the program ZIRCAR AND CERAM to 750 oC and i have much better glaze in my works from zirconium...i do the same thing for my pressed works...

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
Rob. What is the advantage of using Nitrogen gas for pressing instead of compressed air.
Regards Malcolm

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nitrogen permeate's the pressing material dissolving the air bubbles versus compressed air which is suppose to force the bubbles out by pressure (which i've found doesn't always happen),that's why i've gone with nitrogen for awhile now. Do you get any bubbles in your pressing?

M

m.yanez

Reaction score
THANK YOU ROB, I'LL ASK IN THE LAB TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE USING

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
I get the occasional bubble from investing but I havn't noticed any air bubbles in the ceramic after pressing. I dont do many though.
Regards Malcolm

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah Malcolm, you won't get bubbles with Nitrogen, I've been using Nitrogen for 6 years now, and not one bubble. M. Yanez, increase your temperature in 20 C degree increments until you get an accurate pressing and it will solve your problem of not pressing. I've had to do this a few times because the muffle's wear out after a few years.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I can chime in with some help here also. Short pressings are either caused by 1 of 2 things: spruing technique AND/OR temperature. e.max has some specific spruing guidelines. If you have the e.max Press user manual, there are some great pictures of correct spruing. Pressings should be angled out at 40 degree angles, sprued to the long axis of the tooth and sprue and wax-up should be NO taller than 16mm. Ivoclar sells these sprue guides which are fool proof. They have one for the 100 gram & another for the 200 gram ring. They are only like 8 or 9 bucks and will really help you position the sprues & wax-ups correctly. The burn-out temperature should be 1562 fahrenheit. Sometimes labs increase temps up to 1600 F. If your burn-out oven is a long walk from the press that could be a problem also. Your ring may be cooling down too much on the way over. You may want to move the press a bit closer to the burn-out oven. Let us know how you make out in the future. I would like to help you overcome your issues.

M

m.yanez

Reaction score
Thank you all for helping I'll try to check the temperature in the oven, I'm so glad I found this place.