ips e.max ivoclar

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No problem M. Yanez, Glad you're here.....

S

Spatsjd

Reaction score
Problems Polishing e.max?

Hey, is e.max difficult to polish?
Anyone want to polish the impossible? Received multi calls from labs beginning to mill Zirconium full-contour units sharing how fast & east it is to polish Zirconium with DVA's "Briteness". Finally the dentist can make adjustments and TOTALLY polish to a marble shine (in less than five seconds). If you'd like a sample, just give us a call or request to call you - 800 228 6696. You really won't believe it!

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hey, is e.max difficult to polish?
Anyone want to polish the impossible? Received multi calls from labs beginning to mill Zirconium full-contour units sharing how fast & east it is to polish Zirconium with DVA's "Briteness". Finally the dentist can make adjustments and TOTALLY polish to a marble shine (in less than five seconds). If you'd like a sample, just give us a call or request to call you - 800 228 6696. You really won't believe it!

You don't "polish" e.max, you fire glazing material to it, plus if you had to hand polish e.max I bet your "Briteness" product would work fine on that also.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I use DVA `s brightness on my emax, it works fine.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
they are detailing "Steam Tears". These occur when excess moisure is left inside the ceramic basically boiling out through the ceramic creating little tears that need to be filled in on a subsequent bake.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I started to make Ivoclar E.max Press crowns about 2 weeks ago. We are in a test period except some minimal mistakes everyting is doing ok.

S

someyoungguy

Reaction score
have anyone try to press emax ingots on Ney CeramPress Qex

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Hi!

I like to ask is there any other sprue guideline than in the official IVOCLAR E:MAX PRESS Manual?Unfortunatelly i had problem yesterday with 2 anatomical crowns.There was something wrong with the positions of the crown.It seems i didn't understand the sprueing techique of e.max press.:( .Maybe you know some info about that,or explain that? Thanks

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi!

I like to ask is there any other sprue guideline than in the official IVOCLAR E:MAX PRESS Manual?Unfortunatelly i had problem yesterday with 2 anatomical crowns.There was something wrong with the positions of the crown.It seems i didn't understand the sprueing techique of e.max press.:( .Maybe you know some info about that,or explain that? Thanks

Do you use the Ivoclar pressing oven or a different pressing oven? What was your problem? Short margins? Incomplete pressings? When spruing e.max always, always, always sprue with the long axis of the tooth. Consider the "flow" of the material as it is being pressed. Do not sprue to axial walls or line angles where the material has to "turn" itself to fill the pressing. Tilt your wax-up & sprue to a 45 degree angle off the sprue base. Do not sprue straight up & down. Be absolute certain your total length does not exceed 16mm (that is whatever you are pressing AND the sprue!!!!) Use 8 gauge sprues. Dont worry if the sprue is short. If you follow these rules you will never go wrong.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Use a 3mm sprue length also ... no longer... shorter ok