IPS e.max Ceram firing chart

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Hello to all!

I need your help,advice. One of my new customer wants IPS e.max ceram to his zirconia (cad/cam) framework.I'm using VITA VM to cover our frameworks.I have to ceramic furnices. Dentsply Multi C,Dentsply Multimat2 Touch & Press. I can't program the firing chart.If anybody can help me send me some information please

Thanks a lot,all the best

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hello to all!

I need your help,advice. One of my new customer wants IPS e.max ceram to his zirconia (cad/cam) framework.I'm using VITA VM to cover our frameworks.I have to ceramic furnices. Dentsply Multi C,Dentsply Multimat2 Touch & Press. I can't program the firing chart.If anybody can help me send me some information please

Thanks a lot,all the best

when you say you "can't program the firing chart" do you mean that you don't understand what the B, T, t, S, V1 etc mean?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Stumpf, Are you looking for Ivoclars firing programs for e.max or instructions on how to program your Dentsply furnaces, or an explanation of the Ivoclar programs? Sorry, it's not clear what you need. Rob

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Sorry about that I composed badly.

I'm looking for Ivoclars firing programs for e.max with Multimat C or with Multimat2 Touch and Press.I post a picture to explain what is my problem.If you can help me or give me and advice it will be very usefull for me.

aimg9.imageshack.us_img9_1066_40167069.th.jpg
aimg9.imageshack.us_img9_1066_40167069.th.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It is hard for me to see your picture, but it looks like the arrow is pointing to "V1". That is the temperature that the vacuum turns on at. In this case I believe 450. It enters at 403, the temp. raises in air to 450, then pulls vacuum. I hope this helps, but I'm still not sure it is what you are looking for. Rob

C

charles007

Reaction score
If I understood the question......Ivoclar doesn't have a emax firing chart for other brands of furnaces ! other than their own Ivoclar furnace ............

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
i don't think that most manufacturers would have all the other furnace temperatures for their products. its about tweaking and dialing things in - using visual indicators on properly fired glass. in the e.max ceram instructions it does say if using any other ovens besides the programat that high temp adjustments of up to 20C (on high temp) could be necessary.
In the opening message you mentioned you were using Vita porcelain on zirconia. i know that Vita has vacuum ON & OFF settings in their instructions for use books. what did you do for the Vita porcelain in your ovens? the e.max will be similar in terms of vacuum ON and stopping at the set high temp.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
If I understood the question......Ivoclar doesn't have a emax firing chart for other brands of furnaces ! other than their own Ivoclar furnace ............

Exactly that`s what i`m looking for

C

charles007

Reaction score
Give Ivoclar a call, maybe the techs can give you a better educated starting point.
I would first call Dentsply, the techs SHOULD have a chart if there worth a grain of salt...........and expect to sell more furnaces......

Bill them after you waste the first tube of ingots........hehe

Sorry, I bought the EP5000 so I wouldn't have any problems...so far..100% success with the first 24 ingot pressing.......and I'm still holding my breath....

Charles

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Charles, I don't think Stumpf is trying to press e.max, I believe he is simply trying to fire e.max ceram to a zirconia framework. Rob

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Charles, I don't think Stumpf is trying to press e.max, I believe he is simply trying to fire e.max ceram to a zirconia framework. Rob

thats correct. he is TRYING to fire the e.ceram over zirconia. in a previous post i suggested going by what ivoclar gives in their instruction manual then start by adding 20 degrees celcius to their high temp and adjusting the vacuum release to the new high temp. for example they recommened a dentin bake at 750C. his new temp should be 770C. simple as that.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Your exactly right.....Guess I should read the post more carefully.......

D

dentor2010

Reaction score
Try This.

I think I got a solution for your problem. As I understand you want to transpose the firing parameters for E-Max Ceram on ZrO2 given by Ivoclar to your furnace right? Well I've got the Multimat 2 Touch + Press furnace. The thing with these furnaces is that they have several firing schedule formats. So you have to find the right format to suit the parameters given by Ivoclar (Especially Start Vac & Stop Vac temperatures). Well this is how I do.
The Ivoclar represent parameters by B, S, t^, T, H, V1, V2.
So after you turn on your Multimat 2 Touch + Press it will run a test program and then the " Basic Set-Up" screen appears. Now just press the right arrow ---> Metal Ceramics ---> Dentsply Ceramco ---> Individual Programs ---> NEW. Enter a name for the program & press the right arrow. Now you will see a firing schedule format that will suit your needs. Just replace "Preheat" by H, Low temp by B, Heat Rate by t^, High Temp by T, Start Vac by V1, Stop Vac by V2. Leave the rest as 0. Vac level= 1.5 in Hg. now give a number to the program and save it. Of Course you might need to adjust the T +/- 10 degrees Celsius according to the result you get. I usually lower. Good Luck;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Nicely done Dentor, That sounds like what Stumpf was after. Rob

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Thank you very much Dentor for the information i`ll try this. I have only one question.What is `S` parameter. Drytime?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
S= Closing time for the muffle

D

dentor2010

Reaction score
a small correction

It's good you asked Stumpf.
For Ivoclar S stands for Dry Time.
In my previous post there was a mistake and I am sorry. You have to Replace "Preheat" parameter by S and not H, (which stands for the time it stays inside the muffle at low temp before temperature rises) and replace "Firing Time" by H (which stands for Hold without vaccum).
In the multimat2 you have also the "Predry" (time the door stays open at the low temp.) and the Dry Time (time it takes to close the door) parameters.
So you can also replace these parameters by S or even divide S between these two. I usually Dry 1 min , Predry 1 min, Preheat 2-3 min for e.max ceram dentine on ZrO2. Ivoclar says S=4'.

artemis25

artemis25

Reaction score
Hi

I have the same furnace. You must replace in firing parameters in emax B=403 celcius with V1=450 celsius.

dentin1 for emax for multimat:
B=450=Low temp S=4.00min=drying time T^=40=heat rate T=750=high temp H=1min=holding time V1=450=vacumstart V2=749=vacum end

mirkoborri

mirkoborri

Reaction score
Hi Guys
just a quick question, I dont have an ivoclar furnace, I would like to know how much vacuum I must set to fire emax ceram, i mean how many hg?. thank you

Top Bottom