Help Wanted Inside Sales/Business Dev. Rep.

tamara

tamara

Reaction score
Open Implants is Hiring!
Inside Sales/Business Development Representatives

Open Implants is a fast growing, independently owned, startup bringing innovation to the world of dental implant restorations. OI’s founders are recognized industry leaders in digital who are committed to advancing digital production. We provide dental implant components that meet the needs of patients, and enable dentists and laboratories to produce esthetic, hygienic and cost effective restorations. OI offers superb service and exceptional products to dental laboratories. We achieve our mission by being focused, collaborative, and transparent.

Position Summary: The Business Development Representative is responsible for developing new leads, responding to inbound requests, nurturing, closing, building a rapport to support the customer and drive repeat purchases. This is an inside sales role with minimal travel required.

We are looking for people who are passionate about innovation, helping businesses thrive and have a desire to grow their career in sales at a fast-paced company! The ideal candidate will have:
  • A customer centric mentality
  • The ability to adapt to change and meet the changing demands of the work environment
  • High energy, integrity, and can-do attitude
  • A collaborative approach, teaching and learning from peers
  • A track record of success
  • Dependability to follow through and accountability for their actions.
  • Excellent time management and organizational skills, juggling competing demands
  • Strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport, primarily by phone and with some email outreach.
  • The ability to problem solve effectively and resourcefully
In this role, you will:
  • Conduct high volume prospecting to develop leads primarily through phone calls
  • Develop long term relationships to understand customer needs and drive loyalty as well as support repeat purchases
  • Meet key performance indicators, including net new customer sales
  • Identify opportunities for cross-sell
  • Look for areas of improvement and communicate trends in customer calls to leadership
  • Project a professional company image through phone and email interactions

Requirements
  • Experience with dental, consumables and/or small business preferred
  • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
  • 1-5 years of inside sales experience
  • Computer knowledge/technological skills- online search tools and experience with CRM solutions
This position offers a base salary and commission.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Where do you get a bachelors degree in telemarketing? This seems like a standard in dental sales, but I fail to see how a bachelors degree in anything will help someone sell implants to a dentist over the phone. Sorry but I see a lot of BS artists that have a college degree trying to sell things they dont understand. Best of luck in your search.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
to be fair a bachelors degree requirement in a job posting is just meant to find people who have demonstrated the ability to finish something they start (college in this case)

and Open implants rocks...best analogs and ti bases in the business

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
to be fair a bachelors degree requirement in a job posting is just meant to find people who have demonstrated the ability to finish something they start (college in this case)

been a technician for 20 years, and a lab owner for 5. no BS degree though. im severely under qualified!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
been a technician for 20 years, and a lab owner for 5. no BS degree though. im severely under qualified!

Been in the dental lab supply business for 13 years and sales manager for 10 years. I have ZERO college under my belt. I
think I'm with you on this one @sidesh0wb0b I'm definitely under qualified :bag::(

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
I think you guys are missing the point...if you have to interview someone in field they have never worked in and they do not have 20 years experience or the street cred of running their own business you have to find other metrics to try to diffferentiate between the mountain of candidates that come in the door...one way is to find things they have 'completed' (since 90% of people do not finish things they start or finish them well).

that's why the type of degree rarely matters, its not a knowledge test, its the ability to stay focused on a goal for more than a month.

tamara

tamara

Reaction score
Great question! It is simply a preference and should have been stated as such. We consider all candidates with various experiences.

tamara

tamara

Reaction score
This is why we say "or equivalent experience".

tamara

tamara

Reaction score

Thanks Jason! We appreciate your business.

Experience speaks volumes and that is why we say "or equivalent experience". We consider all backgrounds as we value fit with our culture and the right attitude tremendously.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wasnt trying to say having a degree is worthless, Im sure anyone with a marketing degree would have better success selling another implant to a Dr than me.