InLab Study Club on Facebook

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Call and ask them how many units they are doing.

Hahahahahahaha

Q

qclab

Reaction score
Mark
May I ask a question since we are on the topic of Bruxzir. Do you know anything about the Bruxzir/Sirona connection. The blocks are supposed to be supplied by Patterson but I can't order them yet. I am very interested in using the product.

Tam

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Mark
May I ask a question since we are on the topic of Bruxzir. Do you know anything about the Bruxzir/Sirona connection. The blocks are supposed to be supplied by Patterson but I can't order them yet. I am very interested in using the product.

Tam

The Sirona FCZ blocks are manufacturered by Glidewell. They will have a BruxZir logo in the box. Labs who are part of the Beta testing club at Sirona are able to get blocks now, FYI

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Call and ask them how many units they are doing.

Hahahahahahaha

Ah, that's what inside information can be useful.
I will wait on more people who have tried it before considering using.
Thanks,
Cheers!
LCM

D

dentaltechnicianstudent

Reaction score
Hi! This seems to be a useful forum. As a student Im currently working on a basic presentation about the Inlab system. I have not found much objective information, I was directed to that Facebook group though. My question is What are the pros and cons with Cerec Inlab from Sirona? Too few data points you said, has that been fixed?

Thank you and greetings from Sweden

P

paulg100

Reaction score
talking about that makes my blood pressure shoot up so cant help you im afraid.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Paul, one of my accounts just excitedly informed me of their inlab purchase. Now they want to know if I would accept scans from it and maybe help with designing in it???? Uuhhhh, hell no..... I thinknit is pretty expensive for me to be able to accept scans from them too?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
The data from the blue is probably OK if you pair it with a decent mill.

NO big suprise that Pats little project shows it has the poorest data out of the systems his tested so far. Im just about to send him an STL of a red scan for a laugh!

Anyhow im loosing track of what dumb dongles you need for importing / exporting STL now.

You would either need the software and dongle to get the file in STL or get dental shaper. Either way its not a cheap option no.
Let them sort it out their end and send you STL from it then no problem.

"one of my accounts just excitedly informed me of their inlab purchase"

Sigh! another sucker gets caught by Sirona's BS and smoke screens.

IF ANYONE INSISTS ON BUYING INTO THIS POS SYSTEM LET ME KNOW, I WILL GLADLY SELL MY SYSTEM TO YOU AT A COMPETITIVE PRICE.

Last edited:
harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
"If I posted anything that somehow was deemed to be negative about InLab, even when posted in an objective manner, it gets moderated, or in one case, completely removed."

Jeez, how i wish you could see the CEREC doctors forums, its a complete joke in the same way.

there is hardly any negative info in the forums, if you post anything negative you get jumped on, it was a joke.

and its full of guys showing work and blowing smoke up each others butts about how great it is, when it was laughable.

as soon as i saw that they had model milling comming i thought exactly the same, i can mill say 5 emax crowns in the same time as milling a silly little model, what on earth is the point.

I thought it might be of at least minimal benefit but the idiots running that place are a joke.

Good riddance to the club, and good riddance to the inlab. We've got the origin coming soon, and can be finally free of the junk that is inlab.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I thought it might be of at least minimal benefit but the idiots running that place are a joke.

Good riddance to the club, and good riddance to the inlab. We've got the origin coming soon, and can be finally free of the junk that is inlab.

The In-Lab system has it's pros and cons, but they only see the pros, and will not admit any shortcomings in the system. In fact, if you point one out, they will say it was engineered that way on purpose.

It's a shame, because that forum could be a great place for Sirona to hear what owners really think, but instead, it becomes a mutual admiration society.

If was funny to hear what the dentists on ACE were saying about that Facebook group. I guess they haven't noticed the only doctors on there are the ones who have something to gain.

Sick dynamic but fun to watch.

M

mastert

Reaction score
I am a small lab considering the in-lab. What are the short comings? I need to get into digital, but not that excited about the look of milled restorations. I cannot find a great waxer, so there is a need for labor. Wll this help my labor problem? Can I be more efficent? The current promo is sweet. I hear all the talk of other scanners, but what system will emerge for intra oral scans is up in the air, Pattersonhas the edge, it seems. So many things to consider. I need to maks a smart, wise decision.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
to many to list, run away..

for the cost of a new inlab system theres so many better mills scanners and software around now.

if you MUST have an inlab system for what ever unknown reason, then theres usually used stuff on ebay.

isnt it strange why you regularly see these systems on ebay but few others :rolleyes:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My wife found an ad for an '09 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 for $2800.00. Turned out to be a scam where you send cash to England and wait for the truck to arrive.

Slick website and all,very tricky.

We didn't fall for it but the ad sure got our attention.Maybe you could try that with you inlab Paul...:D

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I am a small lab considering the in-lab. What are the short comings?

For ME, it's just not cost effective. The blocks are too expensive, so you will need to charge a 25-30% premium for anything you mill on the Cerec machine. The tools, and all the other accosiated supplies are overpriced too because Sirona get a pound of flesh for every sale.

The machine is too slow compared to other units I have, and the fact you have to sit there and hand feed the little blocks into the system is another major drawback for me. Having a lot of experienec with other software, my technicians hated the Cerec software.

I need to get into digital, but not that excited about the look of milled restorations.

This doesn't make sense to me. You'll have to explain why.

I cannot find a great waxer, so there is a need for labor. Wll this help my labor problem? Can I be more efficent?

This is a most definate YES. You just found your waxer, and they will be much more efficient and consistent than one with a bunsen burner, and of course carry no payroll taxes, benefits or sick days.

I hear all the talk of other scanners, but what system will emerge for intra oral scans is up in the air, Pattersonhas the edge, it seems.

It's not really up in the air at all. Open source and no click fee. As for whose unit will be most popular, that will be as easy to predict as cell phones. They will come and go, get cheaper and more powerful, it's just a matter of when you want to get in.

When was the last time patterson did you any favors besides steal your accounts? Really?

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score

All this and they list you as a friend ? :D

I have a lot of Inlab in the mouth but we outgrew it very fast. I must agree today they seem to be way overpriced when compared to the competition.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
I am a small lab considering the in-lab. What are the short comings? I need to get into digital, but not that excited about the look of milled restorations. I cannot find a great waxer, so there is a need for labor. Wll this help my labor problem? Can I be more efficent? The current promo is sweet. I hear all the talk of other scanners, but what system will emerge for intra oral scans is up in the air, Pattersonhas the edge, it seems. So many things to consider. I need to maks a smart, wise decision.

Haha.. well, this one's easy. The smart, wise decision would be to avoid this pos system. There are other systems which are far superior, and will actually cost you less.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"We didn't fall for it but the ad sure got our attention.Maybe you could try that with you inlab Paul..."

Dont give me ideas :evil:2

"I cannot find a great waxer, so there is a need for labor. Wll this help my labor problem? Can I be more efficent?

This is a most definate YES. You just found your waxer, and they will be much more efficient and consistent than one with a bunsen burner, and of course carry no payroll taxes, benefits or sick days."

Yes, just NOT! with the inlab system.

The fine diamonds clogg constantly when trying to mill the resins and wax's. Theres some fudge around by putting ice cubes in the tank helps some, but the whole concept of milling these materials with fine diamonds is just bloddy silly.

Even when you do manage to get a unit of it in the wax, you have to add to all the margins manually with wax before casting as the fits are crap otherwise. Then when you do that you end up with a huge demarcation inside the coping.

FRTYUTUYGGJHHKJHKH########jhkjh !
:frusty:

of course they wont tell you any of that before you buy it.
theres plenty of other nice little easter eggs that they will neglect to tell you about as well.

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
i'd love to hear from someone who went to any of the sirona courses in chicago. i didn't have time but I am pretty curious after IVY's posts about the improvements in mills witht he 3shape dongle. I've been wondering if I could get our pattersen rep to hook us up with one. I figure they'd like to have our huge orders come back, $5000 ave a month to $0 in less than 2 months. i want to get the ultimates going and we could get our bill right back up there for them... you think they'd be interested.

M

mastert

Reaction score
What I was trying to communicate in reference to "look", was that the look machined vs. organic. Can someone mention in detail the best alternitive.(or s)? They are runnning a deal for $80,000 right now(with sintering oven). Unlimited dunkel fee. Linking up with current dr's that have cerac maks a bit of sense to me when it comes down to file transfers. Yes, I have lost accounts, but rather that get bitter, I am want in to put up a fight, and deal with minor employee issues@ the same time. They claim the new software is great.