implant printed model ANALOG

dentech

dentech

Reaction score
We started using DREVE using the ELOS analogs, they are actually very good, you need to hone your tightness for the analog. In 3shape model builder there is settings to alter this. We went with the initial suggested settings in DREVE DME and had decent results, we are still perfecting it but their models are beautiful.

Thanks all for your reply, What parameters I need to change on my 3shape model builder, and what are numbers I need to put?

tx

dentech

dentech

Reaction score
With Elos, I stick a bit of glue in the hole at the bottom once i have locked it in. it shouldn't move after that....And yes you can still tap them out to reuse and scrape the glue off.
video of an implant model off our printer...I personally feel the SLA type materials are more rigid than the Projet from 3D systems so they're a bit easier to use with Elos analogs.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okv1l2hlhmvxaim/IMG_0881.MOV?dl=0

thank you for nice video, do you print ur own model?

Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
We will test dreve models and we have also used model from dental direkt germany. They use laser printing method.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Just a side not - We are working more and more with BioHorizons. Seems they have developed a strategy to be able to print the analog threads in the model - the abutment screw will seat in the printed model with no analog. I'm a little jacked about this. Have a Trios case that I'll be doing on Monday and I'm going to try this protocol. We shall see....

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just a side not - We are working more and more with BioHorizons. Seems they have developed a strategy to be able to print the analog threads in the model - the abutment screw will seat in the printed model with no analog. I'm a little jacked about this. Have a Trios case that I'll be doing on Monday and I'm going to try this protocol. We shall see....

That scares me cause the slightest over tightening of the abutment and there go the threads. Just screwed yourself, glidewell offers this technique as well. Screw that give. Dim analog any day or a conventional impression.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Keep us posted please.

G

Gomer Pyle

Reaction score
We started using DREVE using the ELOS analogs, they are actually very good, you need to hone your tightness for the analog. In 3shape model builder there is settings to alter this. We went with the initial suggested settings in DREVE DME and had decent results, we are still perfecting it but their models are beautiful.
Hi John.

We use Dreve and Elos analogs also. Very happy with the result. Just waiting when they can produce soft tissue models.

I got this following instruction from Dentsply concerning 3Shape model builder settings and we have use these settings ever since. Fit is perfect every time.

View media item 85

Last edited:
R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Keep us posted please.
My 3Shape PC went down for two days. Finally got it back yesterday afternoon. First case I designed was the BioHorizons one with the printed threads in the model. Its actually going to be a good test - We did a Trios scan and the doctor took an physical impression of the same case to compare results. I should have the model back on Monday or Tuesday, I will post some pics at that time...

M

mark ambridge

Reaction score
By repositionable analog, do you mean a digital implant analog that goes in the printed model, or a scan markers for scanning the case in. I know digital implant models can be made on the nt trading system and elos, but was aware Straumann had dim analogs. I do all my printed implant model on the nt trading system then make eom abutments on the models.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hi Sevan,

I realise this is quite an old post just wondering if youre still using NT Analogs in your printed models ?
We are having some issues with miss-rotations e.g. Dr. scanning with NT scan body via Trios, we design in 3Shape and print in house on a Structo Dentoform, drop into place NT analogs and finish the case usually with a Ti base and Zirconia crown or CAD milled non-precious PFM screw retained.
Our issues we are finding, and it's not every time, is that the crowns when fitted are rotated 10-20 degrees (hard to measure but enough to make them un useable)
Any ideas ?
I noticed/read on tis thread some techs found the NT scan bodies to be at fault, how would you easily check this ?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi Sevan,

I realise this is quite an old post just wondering if youre still using NT Analogs in your printed models ?
We are having some issues with miss-rotations e.g. Dr. scanning with NT scan body via Trios, we design in 3Shape and print in house on a Structo Dentoform, drop into place NT analogs and finish the case usually with a Ti base and Zirconia crown or CAD milled non-precious PFM screw retained.
Our issues we are finding, and it's not every time, is that the crowns when fitted are rotated 10-20 degrees (hard to measure but enough to make them un useable)
Any ideas ?
I noticed/read on tis thread some techs found the NT scan bodies to be at fault, how would you easily check this ?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Hi Mark

Yes, still using them but i have all my model printed at Argen and they also cut all my Ti abutments and when I do use their ti bases for in house no rotation issues.

what version 3shape you running?

Sevan

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Check your virtual trim settings in Model Builder.
3 Shape has a default setting which may be different than yours.

M

mark ambridge

Reaction score
Hi Mark

Yes, still using them but i have all my model printed at Argen and they also cut all my Ti abutments and when I do use their ti bases for in house no rotation issues.

what version 3shape you running?

Sevan

Hi Sevan,

Thank you for your reply,
The version of 3Shape we are running is 17.2.1 which I'm informed is the current and most up to date version.
We are in conversation with Ralph Erhard @ NT-Trading, he has asked to see some build files which are going to him today.

I will keep this thread updated.

rgds
Mark

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
Those elos analogs are terribly designed. One tiny anti-rotation nub that gets rounded off sometimes just screwing in the abutment. The IOS analogs form nobel are way better. I like the NT trading analogs, and use the Abutment Direct/Medentika whenever possible. I've never figured out the magic of using an OEM ti base on a 3rd party DIM without printing the model and scanning it back in. If any know knows this, I would be in the debt! I am very pissed at nobel for not linking their ti base library to their DIM library. No way to do a ti base screwmentable and a model from the same scan.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
thank you for nice video, do you print ur own model?
yes.
Those elos analogs are terribly designed. One tiny anti-rotation nub that gets rounded off sometimes just screwing in the abutment. The IOS analogs form nobel are way better. I like the NT trading analogs, and use the Abutment Direct/Medentika whenever possible. I've never figured out the magic of using an OEM ti base on a 3rd party DIM without printing the model and scanning it back in. If any know knows this, I would be in the debt! I am very pissed at nobel for not linking their ti base library to their DIM library. No way to do a ti base screwmentable and a model from the same scan.
follow my lab page. https://www.facebook.com/omnidentalAU/ going to link a video this weekend. ill link here if I get a chance. I'm not all over the FDA restrictions but ill show how to do it without the restrictions.

Top Bottom