I have Roland issue and need advice

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Hi,

I brought Roland DWX 50 from CAP 23 months ago and couple weeks ago it broke down .

I talk to them and it looks like i have to pay for the shipping about $1000.00

The machine is still under warranty and I thought warranty cover everything

Is anyone has this kind of issue? paying $1000.00 is a lot to me

it is killing my business since I can not be able to use milling machine for more than a week now

it is really ridiculous that I have to pay that much for the shipping

please give me good ridiculous

any idea would be help

thanks

Last edited:
eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
well for starters, the shipping is not related to the repair of the machine. Where are you located and what repairs need to be done?

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Oklahoma and X axis motor or sensor

I thought if machine is under warranty, it suppose to cover isn't it ?

last time i had service for the porcelain oven machine, i did not have to pay for the shipping

are they right ? not sure. this it my first milling machine and not sure.

X motor position is lost.

it looks like it is slipping on X axis and makes loud noise when it slip

if i could i would order part and fix it by my self

Last edited:
Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Warranty should cover shipping back to the customer, customer is liable for shipping the mill in for repair. That being said $1,000 seems high... Who at CAP is giving you this price? I can look into it.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
X motor position is lost.

it looks like it is slipping on X axis and makes loud noise when it slip
Could be only tensioning issues...there's no sensor on the X axis, just simple home switches...

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi,

I brought Roland DWX 50 from CAP 23 months ago and couple weeks ago it broke down .

I talk to them and it looks like i have to pay for the shipping about $1000.00

The machine is still under warranty and I thought warranty cover everything

Is anyone has this kind of issue? paying $1000.00 is a lot to me

it is killing my business since I can not be able to use milling machine for more than a week now

it is really ridiculous that I have to pay that much for the shipping

please give me good ridiculous

any idea would be help

thanks

$1,000 for shipping?! :confused: I'm hoping that was a misquote .

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
$1,000 for shipping?! :confused: I'm hoping that was a misquote .
Freight is a bit different than shipping a disc of zirconia through UPS... Lift gates, pallet jacks, scheduled deliveries, hundreds of pounds, insurance, ect.

That being said shipping a Roland mill one way typically costs $350 to $500 bucks so $1,000 is not a "Crazy number". But I'm certain my team will look at it and take care of our customer. When a mill goes down for any reason its not a great experience, we will do our best and I'll keep pushing!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Freight is a bit different than shipping a disc of zirconia through UPS... Lift gates, pallet jacks, scheduled deliveries, hundreds of pounds, insurance, ect.

That being said shipping a Roland mill one way typically costs $350 to $500 bucks so $1,000 is not a "Crazy number". But I'm certain my team will look at it and take care of our customer. When a mill goes down for any reason its not a great experience, we will do our best and I'll keep pushing!

I can ship a sintering furnace with insurance for less than $200 from Southern California to Florida. That's why a $1,000
sounds ridiculous to me.

J

jy147147

Reaction score
I agree with you rc75

I would understand $500 or $600

At first they told me it is $1420.00 and I told them it is still under warranty. they changed to $1080.00

I probably not going to purchase any equipment again from them. I would rate their service is very poor.

I thought I would get good service since i got the machine from them... i guess not

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Warranty covers shipment one way, so even if it is $350 to $500 for a milling machine one way that's all the customer would have to pay. @rc75 you can't compare something of lower value (lower insurance cost) with lower weight/size to shipping a milling machine, I know your trying to help but its not a fair comparison.

It was a misquote... I've already escalated the issue to the support manager.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I paid always around 90 Euro one way on pallet with insurance ( 600 km ) but it was only a stupid ....hf. My advice search near your home town for service after warranty !!! They are very simple build.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I had zirkonofen 600 shipped from Atlanta to Pennsylvania via freight for $200 a couple of months ago. Pallet and all.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I spend a little over $400 to ship my 3shape one way for service while still under warranty. That being said a big part of that was adding $25000 worth of ins.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Warranty covers shipment one way, so even if it is $350 to $500 for a milling machine one way that's all the customer would have to pay. @rc75 you can't compare something of lower value (lower insurance cost) with lower weight/size to shipping a milling machine, I know your trying to help but its not a fair comparison.

I spend a little over $400 to ship my 3shape one way for service while still under warranty. That being said a big part of that was adding $25000 worth of ins.

Having gone through the possibility of sending in my Dekema (which I was able to fix in lab) and having sent my D500 in for trade in, and at one time a quote to send in the Mini mill, the size of box, the weight and insurance can really add up. The first quote given to OP @ $1420. did seem really high. I'm glad Sam is on the case.

Maybe the shipping terms changed a bit from the time jy14 bought the mill from CAP, and now it being a part of Zahn/Schein?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

looks like he came to the right place.

thanks for doing what you can, @Sam-CAP

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I agree with you rc75

I would understand $500 or $600

At first they told me it is $1420.00 and I told them it is still under warranty. they changed to $1080.00

I probably not going to purchase any equipment again from them. I would rate their service is very poor.

I thought I would get good service since i got the machine from them... i guess not
Sam will take care of you. there may have been some number crunching gone wrong but CAP usually does all it can to help people. especially the CAP personnel here on DLN. this is by FAR the best forum for us lab guys

user name

user name

Reaction score
I had a couple issues with my my mills, but Jensen tech support on speaker phone, team view on a computer to show screen shots and I dug in. Never had equipment down for more than a couple hours.

Support is EVERYTHING.

user name

user name

Reaction score
"if your too stupid to fix it you shouldn't have bought it. Rolands aren't real machines. Theyre just photo copier technology."

I miss that guy...

You know who Im talking about.;)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I had a couple issues with my my mills, but Jensen tech support on speaker phone, team view on a computer to show screen shots and I dug in. Never had equipment down for more than a couple hours.

Support is EVERYTHING.

That's what happened with my Dekema. It quit running up to temp, just idling. With the smell that had come out of it before it died had Bill B concerned
it could be something more than a heating relay. We talked about shipping, and or trouble shooting using a amp meter. He was willing to do it
either way. When I mentioned lets try the new heating relay, he mentioned it would be no loss on my part, even if I had to ship it in, as they
would've replaced that anyway. He was just really up front with me...honest. The relay worked :) :)

Then having to go back and forth with installing the new heating element (which I also had shipped at the same time) late in their day, about 5:00 P.M.
and Jason's absolute resolve to get me a answer, was incredible. Even Laura at their front desk called in and through all of this to see how I was doing
and what she could do, it was very impressive. I knew Jensen was good, but this really impressed me.

edit:sp

Last edited:
Top Bottom