I have Roland issue and need advice

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
A quick checklist:
  • Firmware and V-Panel are the same version.
  • Driver is updated to the newest version.
  • Using the original cable that came with the mill.
  • Not using a USB hub, extender, etc. Connected directly to the controlling PC.
  • No other application running on the PC during milling. No anti-virus scans during milling, no video streaming, no CAD designing. Nothing but milling.
  • Did anything change before you started having the errors? Windows update, new PC, new software installation, new hardware in the PC?
  • If you are still having problems you can escalate your service case directly to Roland DGA. They will need a copy of your System report and error log from v-panel along with your serial number. The screen captures below are from an old version of v-panel but it should still be similar. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
  • Locate the Serial number from VPanel.jpg vpanel error log.JPG

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Hey Glenn

thanks for the great information, but non of them applies on my case.

I might have to talk to Roland directly.

I am using original usb cable and using other computer for scan and design

no window update since I got it. I am only using milling computer for 1 roland milling machine and not doing anything else expect for checking for emails

I send email to CAP last week about my diagnostic but still no answer .I think I have to talk to someone else about it

as soon as I got the first diagnostic,I will post it

thanks

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My comment was not a reference to your specific machine issue. Please let us know what the diagnosis is once the mill is repaired. I hope you are back up and running soon.
sWOq2-1491583813-3083-decades_items-550_4-14-17_car54.jpg

Glenn...were you calling me o_O :D

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
What camming software are you using, cause we have a DWX-50 and where running into a lot of issues with XY lost position and tools breaking cause they were grinding on the clamps and tool magazine. Come to find out our camming software we were using was out of date and needed the newer update cause there was issues in original software that would give faulty line codes causing the machine to get confused and lose it position and start milling anywhere it thought it was supposed to mill. Once we got our new software we have not had issues since, so before you start blaming the machine make sure you look at all aspects, because we were about to send our roland back for a refund until we found out it was just our camming software. hope this is helpful

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
it is killing my business since I can not be able to use milling machine for more than a week now

thanks

CAP mills for cost if we sell you a mil and it goes down. Just design and send us you r STL files and we mill, sinter and ship at cost. There is no reason this don mill should be "killing you" Please call support for more details.

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Finally I got a diagnostic from CAP last week and it says "
the x motor was replaced, all axis wires were tightened and entire machine was cleaned."

Do any body have instruction for wire or cable tension ?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
The tensioning tool is proprietary to Roland, I have never seen them floating around outside a tech's tool box.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Not to any degree of accuracy.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
hmmmm just found out the collet from Roland for 51D is now $600? what the holy hell..... someone please make a clone this is out of hand

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
hmmmm just found out the collet from Roland for 51D is now $600? what the holy hell..... someone please make a clone this is out of hand
Just find a non-dental NSK part supplier...:banghead:

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i did! but no specs on the collet. I cannot even confirm if the collet is the same from the 50. our 52DC just got delivered so waiting to see if that one is also the same.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i did! but no specs on the collet. I cannot even confirm if the collet is the same from the 50. our 52DC just got delivered so waiting to see if that one is also the same.
You have a scanner...

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Correct. At that level, they are not designed to be adjusted by the user, trained technician only.

Top Bottom