I have Roland issue and need advice

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Correct. At that level, they are not designed to be adjusted by the user, trained technician only.
I hope that they get more training than copier techs.

Many years ago I was one and we sent a 'factory trained' fellow out who had to ask where the power switch was located. The guts all work the same, but nuances are different.

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Correct. At that level, they are not designed to be adjusted by the user, trained technician only.

OK thanks, I heard some lab do it by themself so i thought i can do it in the future. i guess not.

thanks again I learned a lot

James Babbi

James Babbi

Reaction score
hmmmm just found out the collet from Roland for 51D is now $600? what the holy hell..... someone please make a clone this is out of hand
The collet you should reorder is ZC-4D, and it is $445.70

James Babbi

James Babbi

Reaction score
The 50 and 51D share the same spindle, and collet
The spindles have different part numbers, they are not interchangeable, although the collet for both is ZC-4D

James Babbi

James Babbi

Reaction score
i did! but no specs on the collet. I cannot even confirm if the collet is the same from the 50. our 52DC just got delivered so waiting to see if that one is also the same.
The collet for the DWX-50, 51D and 52DC is the same: ZC-4D

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
latest

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
"if your too stupid to fix it you shouldn't have bought it. Rolands aren't real machines. Theyre just photo copier technology."

I miss that guy...

You know who Im talking about.;)

hahahahaahahaahahahahhaahah!!
yeah not one bit do I miss his endless lectures on how much smarter he is or what equipment we should all be buying!
anyone heard how his desktop mill turned out? hahahaha

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
The Roland spindles are not manufactured by NSK, are made by Roland.
I heard that the Roland DWX 4W wet mill is very temperamental. The sales guy wanted me to go for the AG Mikro ic instead

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
OK thanks, I heard some lab do it by themself so i thought i can do it in the future. i guess not.

thanks again I learned a lot
I just ordered a Roland DWX 4W ,the wet mill. Hope It is not a mistake. Had a lot of problems with the imes 140i.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I just ordered a Roland DWX 4W ,the wet mill. Hope It is not a mistake. Had a lot of problems with the imes 140i.
old tech at this stage, why did you go that route?

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
old tech at this stage, why did you go that route?
Had an imes 140i before. heard a lot of good things about it. Had problems all along. Spindle stopped working after the 70 hrs of use. Spent $5500. to fix it. It ran another 300 hrs and the 2nd spindle stopped working. Not easy to get support. The Ronald mill spindle is warrantied for 2000 hrs and the mill is 1/2 the price and service is everywhere.

Top Bottom