How to improve scan setting in 3Shape

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Guys! Do you know how can I improve the quality of my scans?i have a 3shape d800.i noticed - especially the antagonist and the pre preparation scans are full with holes. Of course I changed my original settings in my scan it software to detailed scans but my problem is still existing.

Alex de Vos

Alex de Vos

Reaction score
Are the holes in deeper areas of the model? You could try angling those portions of the model to the upper back of the scanner. Sometimes slightly changing the rotation of the model can also help due to the positioning of the 2 cameras in that scanner.
Any high contrast colors can cause holes as well so use powder or scanning spray/paint as needed

Hope this helps!

Visit capacademy.com to take advantage of a constantly growing portolio of Tutorial videos on a number of different CAD/CAM software and machines

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there are certain stones that do not scan nicely. if you have recently changed stone, this might be a source of concern.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
make sure it's not moving in the scanner, and also check your stone. Try some of the spray and see if it improves.

Top Bottom