how many psi to i need for injection units.

T

troy&mer

Reaction score
I am in the process of opening up our lab and we are buying new compressors and injection machines and was wondering the psi that is required for the valplast injection machine. thanks.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Have you checked with valplast yet? I'm sure they'd be able to help.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Vaplast unit is hand driven. They have looked at an automatic system but I don't think they've found one that delivers the right speed and force that their crank down version does. The one they did offer one that I believe was takenoff the market. But, you probably should check with valplast.

jimi

jimi

Reaction score
pneumatic injectors need up to 150 psi for some applications. The economic and reliable method to achieve this is often use of bottled nitrogen.

R

rebeccaterp

Reaction score
Dewalt has an oil-less air compressor at Home Depot (its yellow) that i have been using since i switched from the manual Valplast to the TCS furnace injector unit, and i couldnt be happier with the results. I was using an air compressor that only gave me 120psi and the unit wouldnt inject fully, so i purchased a 200 psi capacity- set it to 170psi and now i get flawless injections. a trick to remember if you get the TCI unit- set the flask on the injector directly after the resin is inserted (the directions say wait until 2 minutes until you inject),but if you leave it on there for the full 11 minutes the flask get warm and accepts the resin more readily. And i dont use seperator, its a waste of time and not worth the risk of getting ito the resin- even if its dry. good luck.