how many crown you can make ?

R

romhein

Reaction score
Good day
In general from A-Z how many full zircon crown you can make per day , if you work alone and you have to do all the steps from stone till glazing , forget the centering time ?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I work alone .. Start to finish. Its a mix of Emax and Zircs. Call it 20 emax and 80 to 100 zircs a month. So maybe 5 or 6 on average.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Good day
In general from A-Z how many full zircon crown you can make per day , if you work alone and you have to do all the steps from stone till glazing , forget the centering time ?
How long is your day? As an employee or do you have other duties?

As a one man show, that 6ish figure sounds about right. But as a one man show you also deal with a lot of other things... and usually you don't only have monolithic single units...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I agree with sndmn2, working alone on average I finish 5-6 a day, generally get 20-30+ units per week. That equates to a minimum 50+ hour work week and 100+ units/month. The crowns take the least of my time, cleaning, billing, repairing equipment, delivering eat up the most time. I do have some help with models and scanning but its not easy to find..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
For me it's not so much of what I can do in a day, it's what I get in and is due that week.. through the weekend.
I still do a lot of UCLA castable, opaqued, pressed and layered emax =s lots of time, and I'm still getting pfm's.
All my model work is from impressions. I really don't know what a normal day would be like. Some days I'm more productive
and some days not so much. It's the diversity of work, fatigue, number of customs shades that week that take me away from the bench etc.
that keeps me from a true X number of units per day.

And I agree with Affinity, it's all the other misc. and logistic stuff that eats into the day, adding hours to a week.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Agreed Affinity.....I'm lucky in that my wife does all the pick up and delivery duties. But your right. There are a lot of other things during the week that eat up your time. I see myself in another year or two closing shop and putting in a 32 hour work week somewhere local in another lab. Maybe move down by you. My son lives in Lutz.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah there are definitely things that ruin your plans of what you wanted to get done in a day. Fumble an unsintered crown and chip it, remill... Color a crown too dark, remill. Etc.. The inhouse remakes, even if you keep them to a minimum, pop up and take away time.. and nobody else is going to fix it..

Florida is home for me, but not where I lay my head anymore.. Ive been in the NW for 13 years now. Lutz is nice, far enough away from the city but still close. Lots of labs in that area... Im ready to hang it up too, if only I had any other profitable skills.

R

romhein

Reaction score
I agree with all the comments , there is too much duty on the lab which cut off the day , I agree that standard day will be between 4-6 units , but probably most of us do not respect weekend , overtime work , depuration :eek: .. still most of us fighting just because we do not know anything else to do...or simply we hope something to be changed .
But I really can not find real numbers , like what is the cost of the unit , the real cost including everything , this look easy but it is not actually.

R

romhein

Reaction score
How long is your day? As an employee or do you have other duties?

As a one man show, that 6ish figure sounds about right. But as a one man show you also deal with a lot of other things... and usually you don't only have monolithic single units...
For me it is really tricky , I also receive Denture and Ortho so it is really tricky , but for sure max 4 units per day in general - I receive many big cases -.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Yeah there are definitely things that ruin your plans of what you wanted to get done in a day. Fumble an unsintered crown and chip it, remill... Color a crown too dark, remill. Etc.. The inhouse remakes, even if you keep them to a minimum, pop up and take away time.. and nobody else is going to fix it..

Florida is home for me, but not where I lay my head anymore.. Ive been in the NW for 13 years now. Lutz is nice, far enough away from the city but still close. Lots of labs in that area... Im ready to hang it up too, if only I had any other profitable skills.
Ready to work in Northern Utah?!?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
So would the mountains of East Tennessee.....
Doris you are absolutely correct. Many Michigan riders run down south for the mountains and rocks. But then again I'm getting a little " long in the tooth" as they say for that type of riding.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry Riley! If I were to go anywhere it will be back to switzerland or east TN.. Anywhere its not 28 degrees in April. But nobody wants a burnt out, apathetic, former owner to come work in their lab! (talking about me, not sndmn)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I typically do 5 or 6 crowns a day but I try not to work Fridays or weekends. Today I did a 3 unit PFM bridge, a single pfm implant crown and a transfer jig because it was an Ankylos C/ abutment, a single PFM and a gold crown. What I find most bothersome is juggling all the different workflows. I have cases that come in via IOS, cases that are scanned from model work and designed and cases that are done the old fashion way.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Doris you are absolutely correct. Many Michigan riders run down south for the mountains and rocks. But then again I'm getting a little " long in the tooth" as they say for that type of riding.
windrock isnt far away, and i head there often for atv/sxs riding. lots of dirt bike riding there too!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Sorry Riley! If I were to go anywhere it will be back to switzerland or east TN.. Anywhere its not 28 degrees in April. But nobody wants a burnt out, apathetic, former owner to come work in their lab! (talking about me, not sndmn)
You’dfit right in!