gallagerdental

Reaction score
Gallager dental@ comcast. Net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
On repairs I give 90 days coverage for the exact same failure method/mode, and a concurrent 90 day coverage to an added tooth or clasp debonding/shearing off. Unless they've given it to their dog as a chew toy or something equally intentional silly destructive.

Really had a case where the pt would give one of their dentures to the dog because it "looked so funny".

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Thx. Just had situation where Pt. beat the heck out linguals,one tooth popped off yesterday ( case was made last Jan. ) should have been facing case. I charged nominal fee, (discount). Dr. Complained by saying Glidewell warranties their work for 5 yrs. just wondering what everybody else does.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I would be tempted to tell them to try their luck with GW.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
One year out of the box. I evaluate reason for problem and base warranty on indicated and contra-indicated situations, documentation, and recommendations made
during fabrication.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
My warranty protects me for ALL my products but gives the client the illusion that its protecting them.

Like most solid businesses that have a policy it is only as good as your enforcement and your communication. Document everything and keep it in a master file tied to the case. Its very easy to do now days with the computer and scanning in of the RX.

I love going back to the notes and read them back to a client 2 years after a partial is made and clasp fractures due to no reduction and poor rest seat preparation and recite the conversation. Some clients are shocked at what I can recall, I always answer we document everything for just these sorts of situations. After they have to pay twice for something they tend to listen to the labs suggestions when problems come up in fabrication of future appliances.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Gallager dental@ comcast. Net

It depends on how valuable the account is. If it's a pain in the butt account that sends a case every now and then I will charge after one year. If it's a valuable account, I will find out if the doctor is charging the pt.- if not, then I'll do it on the house. More about goodwill than anything else.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I would want to say that as well, but that is a good way to lose a client.
I've been around around the block enough to know when it's time to find a replacement client.;)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I've been around around the block enough to when it's time to find a replacement client.;)
I was not arguing the benefits of new clientele. Merely that many Drs. are stubborn with egos, easily bruised and with long memories for such.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thx. Just had situation where Pt. beat the heck out linguals,one tooth popped off yesterday ( case was made last Jan. ) should have been facing case. I charged nominal fee, (discount). Dr. Complained by saying Glidewell warranties their work for 5 yrs. just wondering what everybody else does.

Those are the kinds of situations where you should document design issues and relay them to dr. If they opt out, tell then it affects warranty.
Otherwise you'll wind up married to every half assed cheap way out the account insists on.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I was not arguing the benefits of new clientele. Merely that many Drs. are stubborn with egos, easily bruised and with long memories for such.
No arguing.
If a client starts quoting other big box lab's warranty policies, I have obviously failed miserably at building a valuable relationship with them or they are not appreciative of what
I do for them besides just delivering the cases on time. I find that these are the type of clients that cut corners on everything and don't heed advice from the lab or learn from
their past failures to improve their chances of future success. These are the guys that cost you money to do their work. I am done with that nonsense. As much as I would like to
tell them to try their luck with GW, I would find a more creative way of telling them that. There are plenty of guys looking for something more than a lab, the hardest part is
making the connection.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
No arguing.
If a client starts quoting other big box lab's warranty policies, I have obviously failed miserably at building a valuable relationship with them or they are not appreciative of what
I do for them besides just delivering the cases on time. I find that these are the type of clients that cut corners on everything and don't heed advice from the lab or learn from
their past failures to improve their chances of future success. These are the guys that cost you money to do their work. I am done with that nonsense. As much as I would like to
tell them to try their luck with GW, I would find a more creative way of telling them that. There are plenty of guys looking for something more than a lab, the hardest part is
making the connection.

Ya, I would say it if it was a reoccurring problem, but I would do it in a very tactful way.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
No arguing.
making the connection.

I would respond with glidewell will tell you tough luck, we are real sorry about that if its not on time. I would stay up all night to get it to you on time.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
never warranty the repair of other peoples work.

I prefer to just evaluate each situation and go from there. Agree that policy should dictate that warranty hinges on all factors we mention here.
I hate having to go back and look up documented circumstances it wastes valuable production time. Its probably been 3 years since I needed to.
Clients need to understand that there are clinical and laboratory liabilities and neither should shoulder the others.
And as stated, enforcement is the hardest.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your excellent ideas and opinions. Even though being in this business many years, I know I don't have all the answers, so it helps to have advice from everybody else. Thx. - P.S.- I too feel that "There are plenty of guys looking for something more than a lab,the hardest part is making the connection." This is what keeps me going!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
If you set up your lab so it will only work for the good guys and keep marketing and pushing the bad ones out the bottom you will enjoy this more. TomZ has a great business model to make this happen. I use his ideas more than he knows.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Fixed, a year.
Removable, the exact moment the pt crosses the threshold exiting the practice. Why, because they accepted it and who the heck knows what people do to their device at home.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Regulations here: 2 years for all end user products (eg. TV but also dentures)

Top Bottom