How have you lost, or found a crown you were working on.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Reading this thread (starting on post# 7),made me think to start this thread.

When I was working in a bigger lab, the PNP crown I was polishing flew out of my hand. Not finding it, I thought that it may be under the Coke machine next to me. As I was moving it, came the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, it was the crown being pulverized by the Coke machine skids.

Next episode, was when I dropped a crown on the carpet, and not having found it in my 30 minute search, decided to pull the cabinet kick-board off, only to find that the crown had bounced off the carpet, and in between that space, to end up on the other side.

And for my grand finale, I steamed a crown and did not see or hear where it flew to. After looking for awhile, thought it must have gone in the trash, which the day before I had emptied my sand form my blaster into it. So, I emptied and went through the trash, then tried sifting through all that sand at the bottom with a spaghetti strainer, and of course the crown was due in 30 minutes. I can't remember where I did find it, but it wasn't in the garbage sandbox.

Have you ever noticed, that the times of losing a crown, correlates to it being due that morning??!!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Car 54,
I also lost a crown recently I thought it was sucked and shrunk by a black hole, it was due in the next day I called the office and rebooked the paciant, the next day i sat down to redo the crown, to my surprised it was stuck in the lower model , to lingual of the lower incisors in a little cavity, I said oh man to find it like that it dose not happen!!!, and I deleverd it to the office super fast, oveously I told them I spent all last night working on it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol, never confess that one to them. One time I had my drawer pulled out next to me while I was contouring or polishing a crown, and it bounced off the counter, and I couldn't find it, on the floor, or in the drawer, until I saw it on the drawer rail ledge.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
In the old country when I was 10 years old my 80 years old grandmother who lives next door to our house came looking for her dentures and she thought that she lost them somewhere, so everybody was looking for them and then I said grandma look, they are in your mouth!!! Oh noooo she said with a surprise . " It must have been a good fit " And from that day I saw teeth alot of teeth in my future!!!!

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
ALWAYS when the crown is due the next morning. My worst was a central that was a bastard of a shade, had 2 or 3 tryins to get it right. Came back after the last tryin, just needing a slight polish on an adjusted contact and BING!!! didnt see it leave my hand. Had the whole lab looking for an hour. Still have not seen it.

This is why I drink

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
In my early days as a model tec, one of the porcelain girls was steaming off a sinfony onlay, very small. When she dropped it down the sink! Luckily we had a plaster trap, but it was full of crap. It was during a very sunny day in the summer so I took the trap outside and proceeded to go through a full bucket of $hit!! To make a long story short after 2 hours of pain stakingly going through one scoop at a time I ended up finding the proverbial needle in a hay stack!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Final rouge high shine on full cast, rag wheel jerked it out of my fingers, saw it bounce off the back of the machine, felt it hit me and couldn't find it anywhere. After sweeping 1/2 the lab get someone else to help, he stops 3 feet away, points and says

"It's in your pants cuff"

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
delivery man driving to deliver a denture window open music on. Went around the roundabout and the denture went flying out of the window off the dashboard and onto the road. Luckilyt drove arouung again and managed to get it.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I'm just a denture dude but have searched for more than my share of attachment parts, teeth that come out of the flask, or a tooth that I was adjusting during a set-up and that was yesterday. If I do not find it in a few minutes I vac the lab with the Dyson & an empty bin. Part of the reason I keep the place clean and drawers closed, especially lower centrals when the hit the carpet they can go any direction.
I worked at a lab in the 70's and the porclean girl dropped an inlay, we were late at night shift, searched the lab an hour latter found it in her bra.:cool:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Final rouge high shine on full cast, rag wheel jerked it out of my fingers, saw it bounce off the back of the machine, felt it hit me and couldn't find it anywhere. After sweeping 1/2 the lab get someone else to help, he stops 3 feet away, points and says

"It's in your pants cuff"

Same type of thing here, found it it my lab coat pocket.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm just a denture dude but have searched for more than my share of attachment parts, teeth that come out of the flask, or a tooth that I was adjusting during a set-up and that was yesterday. If I do not find it in a few minutes I vac the lab with the Dyson & an empty bin. Part of the reason I keep the place clean and drawers closed, especially lower centrals when the hit the carpet they can go any direction.
I worked at a lab in the 70's and the porclean girl dropped an inlay, we were late at night shift, searched the lab an hour latter found it in her bra.:cool:

Some good ideas, and I'm now thinking like you (at least trying to) to keep things a little cleaner, and close more drawers. Since I pretty much just use a steam cleaner for everything, if I have a hard to grasp veneer with my rubber coated tweezers, I'll take a 5 gallon bucket with a towel in the bottom and steam above the opening.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I once went out to a dumpster and dug through it to find my trash bag, I knew it was going to be mine cause it was a clear bag and I was looking for a pop tart wrapper. There was my bag, and minutes later, there was the die. Yea I wasnt looking for the crown, just the whole die from the working model.... If i didnt eat poptarts in a shiny wraper that morn, I dunno if I ever would have found my bag...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol, love poptarts, they should be their own food group on the food pyramid :) Thanks for the post, Marcus :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
While trimming a coping,it flew out of my hand.
Looked everywhere.

By some crazy csi thing I jokingly thought it may be up in the overhanging lights and sure enough it was up there.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I have a gremlin that steals crowns

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hopefully not any of those works of art that you post here. Otherwise, we'll all create a search party and look for that rascal :D

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We have drawer goats...
They actually followed me around my whole career and in diffferent labs...
They consume stuff I was sure I had in my drawer the night before..

I

Ivan

Reaction score
Car 54,
I have had your #2 scenario happen to me many moons ago. Now when I loose a crown I always pull the drawer out to check just in case.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

I have elves that come in for the night shift and finish all my work
so I can have weekends off.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Why does stuff in the lab bounce or fly so much? If I dropped any small item to test the bounce it'd land within a small radius, yet when something's flicked out of my grasp it seems to travel impossible distances! Do we have a twighlight-zone phenomena going on?