High point in occlusion surface.

Y

Yousif alkhalil

Reaction score
I always do my crowd's and bridges out of occlusion and when I deliver the prosthesis to the doctor he says there's alot of high point!!

Davor RDT

Davor RDT

Reaction score
Temp was too out of occlusion ?
Opposing tooth or prepared tooth erupted a few extra microns due to temp being too out of occlusion?
40 micron occlusal foil helps .

Y

Yousif alkhalil

Reaction score
Even if temporary crown was out of occlusion I do my work in a new impression for the permanent prosthesis and I make it out of occlusion also but when the doctor puts the full anatomy crown "zolid , zirconia multilayer" in the patient mouth he says there was alot of high points in the prosthesis .
I design in exocad and mill on up3d p52 and amanngirrbach ceramill motion 2 .

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I always do my crowd's and bridges out of occlusion and when I deliver the prosthesis to the doctor he says there's alot of high point!!
Check the thickness of the contact paper they use. A lot of Drs use the same as the denture contact paper which is very thick and tooth super erupts. They have to use same thickness as the one you use.

Y

Yousif alkhalil

Reaction score
Design sectional view
this is one of my designs and look how it's out of occlusion, even after sintering I check it in the model and it's still out of occlusion with the opposing tooth by 0,5 to 1 mm at all the occlusion surface .

Y

Yousif alkhalil

Reaction score
or "are the crowns fully seating"?
Yes ..this didn't happen in one case .
I'm facing this problem almost in all cases .
Maybe it's a parameters thing !
I can share a case with all the parameters I make and all steps if anyone can help figure out the reason.

doug

doug

Reaction score
The mouth is a dynamic environment. As soon as the dentist, assistant, patient, and lab technician understand that a lot of those pissy little things will be easier to deal with. That's why we equilibrate models, scrape contacts, and generally fudge on a lot of the adjustments in the lab. Temps are not perfect, Doc. Sally was in a hurray because you dumped on her and didn't go back to check the the occlusion, contacts, margin, and contour. Digital has made life so much easier as we give back exactly what they scan.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Check the thickness of the contact paper they use. A lot of Drs use the same as the denture contact paper which is very thick and tooth super erupts. They have to use same thickness as the one you use.

Or visa versa for that account, use what they're using? I have one account who must be using the thicker paper, as I really have to clear the occlusion for him.

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
milled zirconia, pressed e.max over printed models?? what process please?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
the steps you forget when its been "too long". why do I suddenly feel like my career just started, I'm exhausted, and now I've gotta go read the damn AFM again. Banghead