Help with Zirliner????????????????????

M

mdentceram

Reaction score
Anybody out there got any tips on a better way to apply zirliner for E-max over zirconium. This stuff is the hardest stuff to apply that I have ever worked with, it's like chalk and the all-around build-up liquid they sell for it doesn't help. It seems like a glaze liquid or opaque liquid wuld make it some easier to work with but I'm not sure if that would cause any other problems. Help please, it takes me 20 mins. to put this stuff on a four unit bridge and still I'm not sure if I've got an even coverage.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Get away from using E-max porcelain over zirconium. Use VM9 no zirliner need and to me has a better bond, plus looks better!

M

mdentceram

Reaction score
Easier said than done, I'm in Honduras and there is a Ivoclar distributor here (not the best but they have some material sometimes)but no Vita distributor. Would have to order out of the country.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ah gotcha, well then good luck my friend I tried the zirliner once and then threw it away, so I have no real experience with it!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I make sure and use the zirliner liquid for starters. I apply it with a porcelain brush just like doing a wash bake with porcelain. Gently run an instrument over my tweezers when I'm done to even out and make sure not to have thick spots in between pontics or pooled areas on occlusion. Don't speed up the firing program either. It is a little tougher to use than it should be.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mix it to a lquid paste and apply it with a brush using the zirliner allaround liquid only.You have to use a small brush and draw or pull the paste over the surface which will thin it out as it covers the surface.

If it is chalky then you haven't mixed it long enough and it is too dry.It should be like honey and very controlable.

M

mdentceram

Reaction score
I am using the all-around liquid. How thick does the zirliner need to bee applied? You are saying a wash, like the first opaque wash application, that's pretty thin. It looked thicker than that in the users manual. Thanks and I will try it in the manner you suggest and see how it works.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I am using the all-around liquid. How thick does the zirliner need to bee applied? You are saying a wash, like the first opaque wash application, that's pretty thin. It looked thicker than that in the users manual. Thanks and I will try it in the manner you suggest and see how it works.

That's not what I said.

M

mdentceram

Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to "NicelyMVK" who said, like doing a wash bake with porcelain. I see he says porcelain and not opaque. Still, how thick should it be to serve it's purpose?

M

mdentceram

Reaction score
Got it, works so much better, took me about 5 mins. to do a six unit bridge being really matriculate. Could have done it in more like 2 or 3 mins. Thanks, I guess I was just not mixing enough liquid and to much water staying in my brush. Started dying the bush really well and re-wetting with the all-around liquid. Again, rkm-rdt you have been very helpful, thanks.