Help me rebuild my lab!

S

sensei

Reaction score
Ryan, I bought some waxing units off eBay. Dual handpieces with each unit, separate heat controls for each handpiece, tips included. I think they were $130 for two. Seem to work well so far.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I would suggest a Great Lakes pressure pot; the larger ones will allow you to put the whole articulator in the pot; a diamond wheel for the cast trimmer is awesome - keep all metal away from it and it will last forever. A steam cleaner is a must in my opinion. I have the Nevin boil out curing unit and I love it, if you are as busy as you stated earlier you will want a seperate curing unit to keep production moving- scrape the wax out when it is cool and replace the filter often: use quilt batting it's the same but cheaper. Magnifiying lights are very nice to have also. Definiatly want the lathes but make sure they have the quick chucks- waste to much time changing burs otherwise. Harris Discount sells a polish lathe station just like Kavo's but only $1800 or so- suction is very nice to have with polish compounds.
A new lab is so exciting :)

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I would suggest a Great Lakes pressure pot; the larger ones will allow you to put the whole articulator in the pot; a diamond wheel for the cast trimmer is awesome - keep all metal away from it and it will last forever. A steam cleaner is a must in my opinion. I have the Nevin boil out curing unit and I love it, if you are as busy as you stated earlier you will want a seperate curing unit to keep production moving- scrape the wax out when it is cool and replace the filter often: use quilt batting it's the same but cheaper. Magnifiying lights are very nice to have also. Definiatly want the lathes but make sure they have the quick chucks- waste to much time changing burs otherwise. Harris Discount sells a polish lathe station just like Kavo's but only $1800 or so- suction is very nice to have with polish compounds.
A new lab is so exciting :)

Good input, funny I just sold Ryan a Nevin boilout a really sweet one that I had in storage. Suction is a must for polishing I recently bought a polishing station with mad suction and it was some of the best money I have ever spent. I wish I would have spent the money sooner, don't know how I went so many years without it now.

L

LYNWOOD

Reaction score
I am setting my lab up and Shawn & Brandi at NOWAK Dental Supply are awesome. Not only are their prices reasonable, but Shawn has been invaluable with all his time, advice and price/quality comparisons. Most honest family run business I have ever had the privilege to do business with. This is a second generation business and being from the gulf coast, you will be spending where it is needed with all our economic set backs.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I would suggest a Great Lakes pressure pot; :)

I'm not familar with the GL one but Keystone has a nice one with a heating element...yeah I know there's hot tap water (or microwave) but a pot with the right setting takes the guess work out and will produce a more consistant result...consistantly.:)

McCall Dentures

McCall Dentures

Git Er' Done.
Reaction score
I've got HUGE pressure pots (times ten).

Bart Hyde is the man. Thanks Bart, I owe you big time! I sent your check yesterday, let me know if you have any problems.

May have to look into this polishing station idea...

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
No problem Ryan glad I could be a help as most of the time I am no help to anyone on this forum. The polishing station is the sh!t Ryan it keeps the dust way down in the lab.

Top Bottom