Help - how to split screen in 3shape?

F

foxmulder

Reaction score
Hello all,

first of all I wish to present myself, I am assisting a lifelong career dentist on how to quickly optimize 3shape designer premium. This seems to be the right forum, the right community to go to.

I wish to learn if it is possible to split the screen in 3shape?

3shape seems to be very limited in its viewing options. How do I access the right viewing options menu?

Thank-you =)

Fox.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Don't worry, Fox, The Truth Is Out There. :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
split screen... over multiple monitors for a matrix-like array of screens? yes you can do that if you don't mind a bezel or two blocking your view.

you need an SLI or Crossfire enabled computer. you will not be using the SLI configurations but splitting multiple monitors via extended desktop settings in the nvidia or crossfire control panel.

now, if instead you want to have many screens display the same simultaneous output you can do that with a ustream channel. go to ustream.tv and jump through those hoops and the doc can tune in to your design station whenever he feels (or you communicate to do so).

have a look here for more info. http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...e-complete-guide-to-multiple-monitors-1074313

F

foxmulder

Reaction score
split screen... over multiple monitors for a matrix-like array of screens? yes you can do that if you don't mind a bezel or two blocking your view.

you need an SLI or Crossfire enabled computer. you will not be using the SLI configurations but splitting multiple monitors via extended desktop settings in the nvidia or crossfire control panel.

now, if instead you want to have many screens display the same simultaneous output you can do that with a ustream channel. go to ustream.tv and jump through those hoops and the doc can tune in to your design station whenever he feels (or you communicate to do so).

have a look here for more info. http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...e-complete-guide-to-multiple-monitors-1074313

In this case, I want to have a split view of my teeth I am working on, so that I can do stuff on one plane and look what is happening on another view plane.

Is that an option in 3shape?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, that is not an option in 3shape. if you want to view the model in a different plane you must rotate the camera.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what you are looking for is a view like in slicer. like this...

http://www.slicer.org/publications/bitstream/viewbiglogo/2511/Farhat-Slicer-3D-Printing

its called Axonometric rendering. all of the rendering happens in 3shape in real-time behind the scenes so showing you the 3 planes would be going backwards (technologically speaking) and be highly confusing.

however not all is lost - because you CAN create a custom 2d view using the 2d plane viewer (little icon on the right hand bar, beneath the articulator) and pan the rendered view over, which will enable you to morph your crown and view what happens in the 2d view area.

but there is no CAD program available that can show multiple angles of a 3d rendering at once. at least none i can easily identify as having that as a feature.

F

foxmulder

Reaction score
Thank-you all for those answers.

There are CAD/CAM/CAE 3D programs that do, in fact, show multiple angles on the same screen in real-time. Dassault Solidworks is one of them. Maybe not in Dental Software.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Rhino has multiple views as well...FreeCAD too...

Top Bottom