Has anyone produced implant models off intra-oral scans?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I have a couple of dentists that are pretty close to buying Trios'.
They do a fair few implants and im wondering if anyone has found a company that produces the analogs for the milled/printed models along with the abutment library.
If not would any of you be interested in them if i could track some down?

P

PinAn

Reaction score
I have a couple of dentists that are pretty close to buying Trios'.
They do a fair few implants and im wondering if anyone has found a company that produces the analogs for the milled/printed models along with the abutment library.
If not would any of you be interested in them if i could track some down?

the only problem is ,
now oral scan all have deviation.
if u want scan a bridge case.... that will be the huge problem.

btw if u want find the analogs and scan body. u should contact your CAD manufacturing company

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
i would start on singles.
it would be interesting to see a bridge scan milled in resin and how far off it is.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good Luck screwing a scan-locator on implant next to a tooth.

90% of the time, there will not be enough room.

The other 10%, it will be so close to neighbor tooth that the camera will not "see" enough of it to work.

No?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Good Luck screwing a scan-locator on implant next to a tooth.

90% of the time, there will not be enough room.

The other 10%, it will be so close to neighbor tooth that the camera will not "see" enough of it to work.

No?

They have special 'short' scan bodies for in the mouth scanning exactly for this reason.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
the only problem is ,
now oral scan all have deviation.
if u want scan a bridge case.... that will be the huge problem.

btw if u want find the analogs and scan body. u should contact your CAD manufacturing company

Not a problem at all, they've been doing bridge cases like this with the intra oral scanners for a while now.

In regards to the OP, call ELOS MEDTECH.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is actually pretty easy.

you have three steps to this process: 1. export the scanned model *. 2. export the design file for the implant abutment plus the anatomic crown or coping to be made ** . 3. place the analog with the scan body or analog using steps 1 and 2.

this is where it gets tricky.

* technically you will scan an impression, with an analog in place. this is an impression with no wax around the analog collar that you would otherwise use when sealing the analog against the flow of stone. so a relatively easy step.

after this you will need to give the scanned impression a scan body. this means you will use a custom scan body set that uses your preferred scan body overtop of the implant analog as one piece. you will do an alignment now, not based on the scan body but the implant analog. when it aligns correctly you should have a digital model complete with implant analog in the correct position.

** now, printing that or milling that is another issue. you will go through the design phase, and make a secondary design that incorporated the adjacent tooth or teeth or gum ridge into the coping or abutment. if you print the model with the hole ready for the analog you can use this incorporated design as a jig, while you inject some silicone or glue or such to hold the analog in place.

in practice i have not yet actually done this, rather i am working on the concept to make it less time constrictive. this is going to make it take all day to make the model. this is too long. i can however say that making the custom scanbodies is virtually the easiest part of it.

P

PinAn

Reaction score
Not a problem at all, they've been doing bridge cases like this with the intra oral scanners for a while now.

In regards to the OP, call ELOS MEDTECH.

may i ask u .
which oral scanner is your dentist used?
as i know , untill now oral scanners can't have the accurately data over 4 units bridge.

thx

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
may i ask u .
which oral scanner is your dentist used?
as i know , untill now oral scanners can't have the accurately data over 4 units bridge.

thx

You must not have used any intra oral scanners then. I've had no problem making large bridges with ITERO and TRIOS scans. I know for a fact all the major intraoral scanners except the trios have been verified for bridges larger then 4 units, the trios will be verified soon but it's so new but I haven't had any issues with it yet, the fit is phenomenal.

Top Bottom