hands on courses

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
before you digital guys go on a rant....yes I understand where the industry is headed, however....

what happened to all the hands on waxing and porcelain stacking courses? from the basics (PTC-yuck!) to intermediate and advanced stuff. am I the only one that has noticed the void in course education? its no wonder the tech pool is shrinking and talent is hard to find!!!
if you know of some classes, please do share! while there is a force pushing everything digital (and I do like much of it),there is still a very large market for hand-crafted, custom-manufactured, quality restorations.

where can I send my technicians to get the hands on training that I got? the advent of the digital age is exciting, but the skills and knowledge of the "how to' and "why" are just as important if not more important than clicking a mouse....

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I just attended a Brad Jones course in Va Beach, VA. Layering eMax Multi. Actually pretty informative and a unique technique that I had not seen before...

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'm wanting to attend two hands on advanced courses this year as well. Haven't had a second to look so thanks for sharing.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I just attended a Brad Jones course in Va Beach, VA. Layering eMax Multi. Actually pretty informative and a unique technique that I had not seen before...
Jones will come to your lab and trouble shoot / upgrade your eMax production - $7k plus expenses for a week. He's currently working with some lab in Ohio...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that courses are disappearing... could it be that there are so many "new" products and systems that everything gets lost in the mix

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that courses are disappearing... could it be that there are so many "new" products and systems that everything gets lost in the mix
can you point me in the direction of some good ones then?

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
Just spent 2 days at Lee Culp's new Sculpture Studios, the digital workshop, in Raleigh, NC. Blew my mind on the level that have taken digital too and the results they are getting from it! Lee is the master, been to basic, advanced 3Shape training, and full-arch on implants courses and I learned things nobody is teaching about this stuff! Fast forwarded through all the painful trial and error and after this there's nothing I couldn't take digitally.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Even though he's Creation porcelain specifically, there is still a lot Naoki Aiba offers. He and his wife are excellent people. He used to want you to take them in succession, but I believe is now more lenient on some courses, without having to take it preceding course. The below is an old flyer of what he offers, and the 2nd link of where he's at now, seminar wise:

http://www.jensendental.com/pdfs/DENTSCAPE Continuum 2012-2013 Registration Form.pdf

http://www.creation-willigeller.com/no_cache/en/news/courses/?tx_seminars_pi1[showUid]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[mode]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[from_day]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[from_month]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[from_year]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[to_day]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[to_month]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[to_year]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[age]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[price_from]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[price_to]=0&tx_seminars_pi1[sort]=date:1

C

charles007

Reaction score
Look towards Jensen...
Lee Culp's new Sculpture Studios... I live less than 2 hours away and haven't heard the news....thanks DanM

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I hadn't heard either, that he went out on his own..I'm defiantly in need of 3Shape training. Thanks from me, too, DanM.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
excellent thanks guys! this new is great!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, it's been informative for me. too :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you guys are so spoiled

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the last time we had a porcelain guy come here he was vehemently opposed to doing anything zirconia, reducing all frames to thimbles, but was very impressed with our 3d-print-cast system.